Access Mode is Colorado’s first accelerator that prioritizes the success of Black, Latino, Asian American and Pacific Islander and Indigenous tech founders. The Access Mode MVP Lab Accelerator has been architected to strengthen business foundations, develop a high-quality MVP, gain customer traction, and prepare companies for capital. Founded by a team of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) professionals for BIPOC tech founders, MVP Lab increases opportunities for entrepreneurs through education, highly customized mentorship, community camaraderie, premium wrap-around services, and non-dilutive capital.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Program Manager, that is committed to the economic inclusion of founders who have historically been the furthest from opportunity, to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to help shape and execute a unique approach to closing the equity and generational wealth gap by working with BIPOC tech founders.
We are a non-profit organization headquartered in Denver, CO.
The Program Manager (PM) is the administrative wizard of the program team. The PM’s focus is program strategy and the execution of the program playbook in a way that creates the optimal accelerator experience for founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders.
The PM is responsible for ensuring the operational success of the full accelerator cycle from founder/company selection through Demo Day. These activities include but are not limited to: event management, utilizing tools/developing processes to manage program data, building and scheduling the up-to 4-month programming calendar, execution of Demo Day, recruiting, hiring, training, and management of potential volunteer, seasonal, and full time associate team members. The PM is also responsible for collaborating closely with ecosystem partners.
Experience with operations and event planning is required and is a major part of this role. Familiarity with the early-stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred but not required.
The PM will provide oversight of the application process and the management of the program. You’ll maintain strong bonds with the startups you help bring into the program, acting as a resource and primary point of contact, continually seeking relevant opportunities to support their success.
What You Will Do:
● Work with the internal team to develop the program plan and own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the accelerator program, including end of program celebrations and Demo Day
● Ensure the program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of our unique playbook
● Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders
● Manage the logistics for the program calendar, mentor schedules, investor engagement, Demo Day and ensure the founders, mentors, speakers, partners, and investors are fully informed about all programming activities
● Manage the logistics of the application, screening, and onboarding process
● Implement network events/programs to support pipeline of founders, current
founders and alumni both during program and outside of program
● Support relationship management with Access Mode partners
● Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations that can benefit our founders
● Share new best practices with our team as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
● Represent Access Mode in the local community and ecosystem
What You Bring to the Role:
● A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an insatiable desire for continuous learning
● 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on event planning, business operations, and/or project management
● Good verbal and written communication skills in English
● Extraordinary ability for self-learning and learning by doing, with a demonstrated ability to learn from available documentation and quickly apply it with little direction
● Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
● Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
● Can anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders
● Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
● Advanced skills with Airtable, Slack, Excel or Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is a plus
● Experience working in/with early-stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in above responsibilities
● Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, BIPOC founders, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
● Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
● Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
● Reside in the Denver Metro area
● In person for all in-person programming, events, and meetings
Compensation: $75k annually