Bridge Program Manager
AdvanceEDU High School Bridge Program Manager
AdvanceEDU is a nonprofit organization revolutionizing higher education in Colorado with an innovative college and career accelerator model aimed at closing equity gaps related to income and race. Our students earn online certificates or degrees from our high-quality, nonprofit, and accredited university collaborators. We prioritize competency-based, affordable, self-paced, and career-relevant programs. Students receive intensive personalized success coaching in academics and career development, as well as access to paid degree-relevant career opportunities and our vibrant co-learning community in downtown Denver. They also have access to a myriad of AdvanceEDU wrap-around support options, including meals, childcare, access to free or reduced-cost mental health care, and emergency grants. Equity is at the forefront of our higher education approach.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated leader to join our team as a High School Bridge Program Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall rollout for a new high school bridge program that we are developing in collaboration with Denver Public Schools and local charter networks. Much of the work initially will be in the form of a smaller pilot for the coming year with an eye towards expansion in the following year. The entire AdvanceEDU team has worked hard to develop the design framework for this program, and now we need the right person to lead collaboration team-wide and with our partners to sharpen the vision and lead the roll-out. At least for the first year, this role will include both program development work and direct interaction with high schools and students; there may be an opportunity to hire a team in future years depending on the growth of the program.
This role will include developing a roll-out plan for the AdvanceEDU High School Bridge Program, establishing partnerships and associated contracts, developing and managing the High School Bridge Program, and providing college and career exploration, readiness, and application support to high school students.
The program, closely connected to the AdvanceEDU Accelerator Program (our legacy model), will offer students the opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of their aspirations and goals in college and career, as well as help them connect to their next postsecondary step. As the High School Bridge Program Manager, you will collaborate with schools, community organizations, business partners, and other stakeholders to ensure the success of the program. You will report to a member of the AdvanceEDU executive leadership team and participate in vision-setting and decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with the entire team to develop and execute a strategic plan for the High School Bridge Program, aligning it with AdvanceEDU's mission and annual goals.
- In collaboration with the Head of Student Success, project manage the creation of content modules by the AdvanceEDU team and external providers in the timeline mutually agreed upon with the team and partners.
- Establish partnerships and MOUs with AdvanceEDU K-12 partners for the pilot period.
- Collaborate with schools, community organizations, and other stakeholders to promote the program and recruit high school students.
- Conduct outreach activities with pilot schools. Coordinate with the Outreach team to enroll students into the Bridge Program.
- Coordinate and deliver workshops, seminars, and experiential learning opportunities to assist students in gaining a deeper understanding of potential college and career paths.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the High School Bridge Program, including program logistics, scheduling, and student support.
- Collaborate with internal teams to integrate the High School Bridge Program with the Accelerator Program, ensuring a seamless transition for students.
- Monitor student progress and provide ongoing support, including academic advising, mentoring, and tracking of transferable college credits earned.
- Evaluate and refine the High School Bridge Program based on student feedback, program evaluation, and evolving industry trends.
- Stay updated on the latest research and best practices in student development, college and career exploration, readiness, and application support.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the overall goals of AdvanceEDU and the Career Pathways team.
- Bachelor's degree in education, counseling, business, project management or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in education, youth development, recruitment, program development, project management or a related field.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by high school students, particularly those from diverse and low-income communities.
- Experience in program management, including partnership development, contract negotiations, and program implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of college admissions processes, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities preferred.
- Familiarity with college and career exploration resources and tools.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Passion for advancing equity in education and closing opportunity gaps related to income and race in Colorado.
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend events.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary $75,000-80,000.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage.
- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Paid parental leave.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work; at least two days onsite in Denver required.
- Collaborative and inclusive work culture.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about supporting high school students in their post-secondary exploration journey, possess strong program management and partnership development skills, and meet the requirements outlined above, we encourage you to apply through LinkedIn by the application deadline of September 30, 2023. AdvanceEDU is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the student population we serve. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.