Embedded software engineer
*Based in London (UK), Ambie is changing the way brands and spaces use music to enhance the customer experience, improve productivity and drive sales. Our mission is to help bricks and mortar businesses grow their brand and customer-base by delivering a personalised and memorable experience.
Our team of experts design a soundtrack tailored to your brand and our platform then enables businesses to deliver and control the music across their entire network sites. Just plug in our player at each location and use the intuitive dashboard to manage, monitor and adjust the music from any device.
We work with thousands of retail and hospitality businesses including Rocco Forte, Hilton, Byron, Nobu, Crussh, Rum Kitchen, St Austell Brewery, Tate and Fenwick.
Our vision is to become the world’s leading provider of music and ambience.
Currently, we are in need of a talented Developer to join our team on a part-time/contractual basis ASAP.
Top reasons to work with us
- Flexible startup environment
- Cutting-edge technology
- In-house hardware and software development
- Small, fast-moving team
- Being responsible for the full development cycle, we follow the motto: You build it, you deploy it, you fix it
What you will be doing
- The main responsibility will be to improve and maintain the software in our music device, a media player built on Raspberry PI
- Complete engineering tasks as assigned by the technical leads for your team and/or project with help and guidance
- Work closely with the technical leaders of your team to understand the scope and depth of your tasks
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and writing technical documentation
What you need for this position
- Experience in embedded Linux software development (3+ years)
- Professional experience in Python
- A basic understanding of database design (SQL, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of AWS
- Willing to learn new stuff
- Happy to be wrong
- Happy to share knowledge
- Love music!!!
Nice to have for this position (a huge plus)
- Experience developing with Raspberry PI
- Experience with AWS IoT
- Experience with MQTT
- What's in it for you
- Competitive day rate and incentives
- Flexible office hours and/or freedom to work fully remotely
- Office in one of the most iconic locations in London
- Lots of perks and social activities