(Remote, Hungary) Senior Software Engineer
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera is looking for a talented, experienced Senior-level backend developer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. As a Senior Engineer at Artera, you will work under the guidance of our Engineering Manager.
You will work with the rest of the team to maintain and grow features in the backend code base. This will include supporting Node.js web facing APIs, writing SQL queries, automating interactions with partner APIs, and enhancing the core infrastructure that underlies our scheduled and realtime patient-provider communications capability.
As a senior developer, you will bring strong expertise in high throughput, highly available backend architecture, and a demonstrated commitment to training and technical mentoring of less experienced team members.
In addition to being a strong developer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 30+ million patients annually. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
Our Stack: Node, Typescript, Express, Nest, Postgres, Mongo, AWS, Hasura, Temporal.io, React and Redux
As a Senior Software Engineer at Artera, you will:
- Mentor Developers on the Team
- Architecting solutions using the latest security and compliance standards for healthcare
- Write high-quality code and documentation
- Conduct functional and technical software analysis and design
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality in the product
- Work closely with the Product team and other developers
- Document development work
- Conduct problem analysis and draft proposals for solutions
Our Senior Software Engineer is required to have:
- Minimum (5) years of software development experience
- Has a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Good Design Pattern knowledge
- Commitment to testing best practices
- The ability to work effectively with a team
- Good English communication skills
It would be a PLUS if you have:
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
- Redux, React Hooks
- Webpack or other build tools
- AWS services such as Cloudfront, Lambda, and S3
- Database systems such as Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Proficiency in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, graphQL)
- Component libraries such as Kendo UI
- Experience in Github, and JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Less, Safe
Artera is growing our Hungary based Engineering team. We are looking for candidates that currently live in Hungary. This is a remote role. #LI-Remote
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role! We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.