Senior Software Engineer
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera is looking for a talented, experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. This Engineer will primarily be working with Node.js. As an Engineer at Artera, you will work under the guidance of your Engineering Manager in a dedicated product team as well as cross functionally with Product, Design and QA.
You will work with the rest of the team to own, maintain, and grow your product in the code base. This will include supporting Node.js web facing APIs, writing SQL queries, automating interactions with partner APIs, and enhancing the core infrastructure that underlies our scheduled and realtime patient-provider communications capability.
In addition to being a strong engineer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will have world-class communication skills and empathy for your teammates. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 30+ million patients annually. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Build new backend and maintain existing services using Typescript on Node.js, open source technology and tools including NestJS and Express.
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, integration and e2e tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Create high availability and high throughput systems using Redis, Postgres, Kinesis, S3, MongoDB, EventBridge and other AWS services.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, Client Success, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Opportunity to work with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform) and frontend (React) if desired.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in STEM, OR relevant technical experience
- 5+ years designing and implementing web applications in a professional environment
- High level of proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Experience working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Commitment to testing best practices
- Ability to deliver and receive code review feedback in a productive manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and make tradeoff decisions
- Ability to have a strong understanding of how technology decisions have an impact on the customer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be clear and articulate
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Leadership skills
- Experience with:
- Event sourced and microservice architecture
- Domain Driven Design
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, employee development funds.
- Generous Time Off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
$138,500 - $177,000
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at Artera Instagram (@artera_io) to hear from our employees about working at Artera.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that Artera currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. Artera is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Something looks off?