Analog / Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
One of the big challenges product manufacturers face is to meet the market demand for battery-operated, always-on, always-sensing products without sacrificing sensing capabilities, maintaining reasonable battery-life, and keeping data secure and local.
Aspinity's novel and patented analog machine learning (ML) solution marks a paradigm shift in the way sensor data is analyzed for a multitude of end-user applications. Just as the brain makes sense of its multi-modal sensory input by focusing higher-order cognition on salient characteristics, Aspinity enables developers to extract "sense" from sensors before the data is even digitized, which reduces power consumption and allows the system to focus higher power compute resources on relevant information. With already established applications to voice control, sound classification, machinery monitoring, and distributed power grid monitoring, Aspinity's programmable analog processing technology is positioned to be the key abstraction layer for the physical world at a time when new user interface paradigms (touch to voice to …) and new monitoring capabilities are transforming industries. Join us as we build this new analogML framework!
Aspinity is seeking highly skilled Analog/Mixed-signal IC Design Engineers to join our team developing ultra-low-power, high-performance analog/mixed-signal IP blocks and ICs in support of Aspinity’s revolutionary analog processor core. As a seasoned Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer, you will architect, design, layout, measure, and productize silicon-based analog/mixed-signal IP blocks and ICs.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the analog signal processor core team to design and implement new and upgraded IP and IC solutions based on Aspinity’s advanced technology
- Schematic-design, layout, verification, and laboratory-characterization of ICs
- Work with silicon foundries, manage qualification and high-volume production-testing of ICs
- Work with application developers to co-architect and co-develop ultra-low-power hardware and software systems
- BSEE degree and 8+ years of experience or an MS degree and 6+ years of experience or a PhD and 3+ years of experience
- Strong background in high-performance, low-power analog and mixed-signal design, at both IC and board-level; Hands-on experience in system-level design
- Must have a proven track record of taking multiple mixed-signal ICs through the entire development cycle, from concept to production
- Experience with the silicon manufacturers and working with various CMOS process technologies
- Proficiency in system and behavioral modeling using Matlab, SystemVerilog, Verilog-A/AMS
- Experience in one or more of the following sensor application areas: audio/voice, vibration monitoring, touch/proximity, biosensing, electric/magnetic fields
- Experience with systems involving sensor technology, signal conditioning, MCU interfacing
- Experience with design, implementation, and development environments for reconfigurable systems (such as FPGAs) is a plus
- Experience with signal processing—including machine learning, signal detection, and analog signal processing—is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment; Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively—including prioritizing tasks
- Strong on attention to detail and making sure issues and tasks get followed through to completion
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA (preferred)
Something looks off?