Senior Business Development Manager
Are you a college sports fanatic? Do you understand the power of social media influencers? Do you enjoy building relationships with clients? Are you a solutions-based thinker? Meet Athlytic. We are a start-up company breaking the mold of social media influencers. Athlytic was developed as one of the first platforms to help student-athletes partner with brands to drive business. We’re looking for a rockstar to join our team.
Athlytic is an innovative technology-based start-up that connects student-athletes with potential endorsement partners. We understand that finding the perfect partner can be challenging, and we simplify that experience for student-athletes and brands with our fully-integrated marketplace. With new laws going into effect to allow student-athletes to monetize their name, image, and likeness, Athlytic is one of the 1st start-ups in this space. Athlytic has recently been featured on Mastercard, Front Office Sports, Mailchimp, ESPN Radio, Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, and VH1 Networks and backed by firms like a16z, Concrete Rose, and Techstars.
As an early member of a small team, you will have the opportunity to own growth end-to-end and build out the team and processes. You’ll work cross-functionally with the CEO, Brand, Community, and Product teams to shape strategy and drive growth. The right person for this role is a dynamic resource, has start-up experience, is skilled in executing familiar and unfamiliar tasks, and is ready to take on a significant, high-impact role on a small team.
Senior Business Development Manager:
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager as our first Business Development & Sales Leader. You will be an important member of our leadership team. You will identify, manage, and close new business prospects. As our first senior salesperson, you will drive our B2B revenue efforts from the ground up. You’ll develop our GTM strategy, close deals, build a sales team/function, and weigh in on product/market fit. Your target audience will be mid to large-sized brands with the intent of offering Athlytic as a new and highly efficient way to reach audiences through the power of athlete influencers. The position will report to our Chief Executive Officer.
Where you’ll have an impact:
- Identify, contact, and manage potential clients
- Build pipelines and define our go to market strategy/approach
- Design and manage our sales strategies
- Recommend and implement necessary software investments
- Hire, manage, and coach a team of sales A players
- Negotiate contracts with potential clients
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ of media related business development/sales experience
- Proven track record of developing and closing new B2B deals with brands and media agencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Social media and influencer experience, understanding the competitive landscape and new business opportunities, preferred
- Working knowledge of social platform structure and community development
- Strong negotiating and deal making skills across media landscapes
- Experience interpreting legal documents, negotiate contracts, and work with counsel to complete agreements
- Experience in finance, planning, marketing and/or product development
- Extraordinary organizational skills with the ability to work with senior leadership and meet deadlines in a fast paced, startup environment
- Analytical, data-driven mindset
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Experienced networker with the ability to expand the company’s reach and build strong relationships with industry stakeholders
- Skilled salesperson and communicator with the propensity to identify potential clients, build relationships, effectively communicate the company’s value proposition, and close deals through successful negotiation.
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to thrive on change
Athlytic is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Athlytic celebrates and embraces diversity.
Interested? Email: email@example.com