People & HR Manager
Auquan’s AI tools enable hedge funds and asset managers to turbocharge their investment workflows with data-driven insights.
Our Portfolio Activity Monitor helps funds deal with information overload as they struggle to find insights in 38 million terabytes of unstructured data that exists today. We use Natural Language Processing and our proprietary Knowledge Graph to help automatically monitor, filter, and process millions of terabytes of structured and unstructured data like news, filings, and alternative datasets into a single page view of only the most relevant information so fund managers focus only on what’s important and never leave alpha on the table.
We’re a deep tech company, with a strong focus on practical applications; everything we build is informed by real-world client insights and it’s practicality in solving these challenges.[customer first, not technology]
About the role
We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team.
At Auquan, we are striving to create an environment where people can perform incredibly well whilst feeling fulfilled and happy! Our future is incredibly exciting and we’re building a stellar team to achieve our goals - over the next year, we're looking to grow 4x in our time size!
We would like the help of a creative and adaptable People Manager to join us on our journey and to help us grow and shape our business!
It will be up to you to decide how you achieve your mission: build, enable & support the team and our culture to do incredible things, both in the UK and India!
The impact that you can have in the business is huge and can be delivered through crafting practices and frameworks whilst owning some of the responsibilities below:
- Attraction & Acquisition - growing & articulating Auquans EVP in line with our brand and values; honing recruitment practices to ensure we get amazing people who will add to our culture
- Onboarding - design and build great practices
- Performance - creating frameworks that support people achieving their goals
- Development - creating frameworks that support people to reach their potential and fulfill their ambitions
- The more HR-y bit - ensure that all the data and admin is taken care off (the hygiene factors are really important to get right)
- Being a trusted advisor to the whole team including the founders
- Managing our payroll, employee benefits, documentation and HRIS - using as much automation as possible
- Creating the beginnings of amazing cultural norms that will drive strong communication internally and cross-culturally
- Reward & Recognition - crafting increadbile frameworks for pay, benefits and recognition
What Skills & Experience do I need?
Knowing what works (and what doesn’t) in this environment is crucial in order to lay strong and scalable foundations
- You’ve worked either internationally or in an international business and have created cross-border initiatives
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written & group. You understand that good internal communication is essential for a scaling business - and how to ensure it happens
- You’re values-driven - you view everything through this lens & you’re prepared to speak up for our Values
- You have good business acumen - you align People goals with those of the business
- The confidence to act as a trusted advisor with the ability to provide clear, credible and knowledgeable advice to managers & leaders
- You’re creative - best practice simply isn’t good enough - you value people over process and create solutions that are human and scalable
- You’re happiest working at pace and with variety
- You have equal amounts EQ + AQ
- You have a coaching mindset - you’re interested in advising & empowering managers and leaders, not doing their job for them
- You’re collaborative to a fault - the entire business will feel the impact of your work, so seeking feedback should be second nature
- You’re organised, and you can balance reactive + proactive work so that you add strategic value whilst keeping the lights on
What does Auquan offer you
Make your mark!
- Immediately see the impact of your work - as a part of the core team, you will directly influence how we design, build and create our products and services.
- Be a part of one of the hottest Fintech startups as recognized by Forbes and TechCrunch
- An opportunity to do work that helps you master a variety of transferable skills or skills that are relevant across roles and industries.
A great team!
- Auquan provides you, Excellent people to work with. Be a part of a talented, fun, ambitious, and motivated team that is dedicated to making an impact on the industry.
- And leadership that has your back - our leaders are always ready to give you the tools and support you need to learn new skills.
Enjoy growing rewards!
- Competitive Salary
- A generous annual leave policy and a comprehensive Health Insurance
If building your skill set, your knowledge and your network, whilst having significant impact on the business is something that excites you, please reach out!
Something looks off?