DevOps Engineer at Auquan
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who can build and establish dev-ops/ml-ops tools and processes at Auquan.
What do we do
Auquan makes information discovery quick, effortless and cost-effective by automating the entire unstructured text processing pipeline. We enable enterprise teams to cope with increasing data overload and save the human hours wasted on information search, collection, and curation today. AI/ML is at the heart of our product - we don’t move a single piece of data without ML.
If you choose to accept the mission, you’re expected to:
- Take over the ownership of our existing infrastructure (in AWS) following the Infrastructure as code philosophy.
- Dabble into setting robust pipelines for AI/ML model lifecycle management
- Adopt new architectures, re-design the infrastructure to solve problems we’ll be facing as we scale.
- Build tools, integrations and services to help the Engineering and Data Science team, and automate everything.
- Handle our infrastructure security. Be the 1st hacker to break our network defences, and fix it. Leave no door open.
- Make our existing and future data stores (MongoDb/ S3/ Neo4J / Redis/ Kafka / Elasticsearch etc.) more scalable and reliable.
- Implement new clusters as we scale up and need them. It could be Spark or Cassandra or Druid or Aerospace.
- And a lot more..
Primary tools or services you’ll be using:
- AWS (Who doesn’t?)
- Arq (Our Job Library) + Tmux
- MongoDb (Self Hosted + Managed) + Redis + Neo4J
- Apache Spark
- Postgresql, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Some popular 3rd party services (integrated with our infrastructure)
- Python for lots of scripting.
You’re a perfect fit if:
- You fixed a partial outage issue, but you can’t rest peacefully until you put safeguards to prevent this from happening again.
- You try for perfect code, even though you know it's a myth. Because, you believe it's about the journey and not the destination.
- You un-complicate things because simple things are easy to debug, maintain and fix.
- You’re lazy, so you build tools to do your job and you can continue being lazy.
What do we offer?
- You’ll be working in a tiny team, with lots of freedom, ownership and responsibilities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to lead the infrastructure efforts for a company with enormous growth and scaling needs.
- We love open source. Open source contributions are part of the job. We welcome you to contribute to open source world.
- The regular deal (Competitive pay, Stock Options, other paid benefits etc. etc.)
What does your resume include?
- Experience with public cloud (preferably AWS) for at least 5 years.
- Have dealt with scale problems at previous employers.
If the above picture fits you, contact us at [email hidden], with “DevOps Profile'' in the subject line. Please attach your current resume, and a link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one). Can’t wait to hear back!
Something looks off?