Mobile/Front End Developer
Canada/United States | Engineering/Product | Full Time | Remote
$60K-$100k | 0.1%-0.75%
About Awake Labs We are on a mission to give everyone the mental health support they deserve. Today we work to support adults who have an intellectual or developmental disability, a community which is overlooked and underestimated. We are a fully remote team with flexible working hours and our company is headquartered in Toronto, ON. We have recently completed the 2021 UnitedHealthcare Accelerator powered by Techstars in Minneapolis.
Working with Awake Labs offers a significant opportunity to positively impact the lives of millions of people while being a part of a company that is on the precipice of massive growth.
Who we are looking for We are looking for a Mobile/Front-end Developer to help Awake Labs reach our next phase of growth. You are a data-driven person who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are user focused, innovative, collaborative, and lead with empathy. You understand the challenges that come with building a delightful product experience that rivals the best direct to consumer apps all while integrating with B2B processes & expectations in a regulated environment.
Our Engineering, Product, and Customer Experience teams are rapidly growing and you will be an integral part of this expansion.
In the first 12 months of your time with Awake Labs, your work will be very hands-on. As the needs & priorities of the company evolve, so will yours. There is a significant opportunity for you to grow as Awake Labs transitions from an early stage startup to an established, highly successful company.
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code
- Able to understand, diagnose and then solve technical and performance issues across the platform
- Actively participate in code reviews and work as part of a cross-functional team to build React Native applications and develop new features
- Implement UIs that match designs with accessibility at the forefront
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Communicate clearly regarding architectural issues and design solutions
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering, Product & Customer Experience teams
- Minimum 2 years hands-on React Native, and Android or iOS native mobile app development experience
- Minimum 3 years of cumulative mobile app development, design, and/or architecture experience with any of the following areas Preference for experience with Native Applications (iOS, Android)
- Experience maintaining apps in Ionic /Capacitor
- Experience with deployment (Apple Store and Google Play)
- Minimum 1 year of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements, or supporting mobile app development as part of a team
- You are knowledgeable about WCAG standards and strive to make the products you develop accessible to the highest standard
Our team runs on:
- MongoDB Atlas
- Python (Flask/Django/Pandas/SQLAlchemy)
- React Native
What we offer
- Fully remote with flexible hours. We have employees across all North American time-zones (except Newfoundland)
- A supportive and collaborative team culture that encourages learning.
- Flexible vacation policy
- We are a health company and we walk the talk. We value the health and wellbeing of our team members. We know all of our team members have lives beyond the office and we support our employees in putting their health and families first.
- We highly encourage applicants with disabilities to apply and will work with you to best accommodate your needs and create an enabling work environment.
- We’re a continuously learning and evolving workplace. We are committed to building and maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
- In the first 12 months of your time with Awake Labs, your work will be very hands-on. As the needs & priorities of the company evolve, so will yours. There is a significant opportunity for you to grow as Awake Labs transitions from a young startup to an established, highly successful company.
Our Work Philosophy
We take pride in our commitment to empower people to live happier, healthier, and more independently. As Awake Labs continues to grow, we are excited to welcome new team members who share in our vision. You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a dynamic environment with a close-knit team
- You are excited to play a part in the Awake Labs engineering & product team
- You are a fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable exercising initiative
- You have an interest in mental health and you are keen to work with a mission-driven company
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Awake Labs welcomes all applicants and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.