Senior Data Analyst
Basking Automation (basking.io) is a workplace occupancy analytics platform, helping corporate real estate managers to get a detailed understanding of how their spaces are being used via their existing WiFi networks. With our network-as-a-sensor approach to analytics, companies don’t need to worry about hardware installations and maintenance, and can focus instead on what matters - making the workplace better, based on data.
Basking takes less than 2 hours to connect to multiple offices, provides top ROI at scale, and is privacy-protective by design. It's used by Fortune 500 companies and leading landlords across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and APAC. Our partners include Colliers International, Cisco Systems, Siemens, HPE Aruba and Extreme Networks.
Note: Please read the entire job description and apply with a cover letter including your response to our questions mentioned below.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Data Analyst, your focus will be to analyse data, understand patterns, propose algorithms, and generate insights. Your work will be focused on calculating key performance indicators and supporting Basking with making data-driven decisions.
- Understand the business and work closely with the customer success team to structure and define an effective approach to address clients’ key business questions via analytics.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to identify, research and develop new strategic features for Basking’s App.
- Support in the design, development and automation of the CRE (Corporate Real Estate) reports including powerful insights and actionable recommendations based on clients’ goals.
- Think strategically to identify opportunities for collaboration between the analytics team and other partners to solve critical business challenges faced by Basking.
- Optimise, standardise and automate the existing processes to enhance the capabilities of the team.
- Support in the development of new analytical methods and machine learning models.
- Utilize data visualization tools like MS Excel to glean meaningful insights from the given dataset.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduated with a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, or Statistics.
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst or a similar role.
- Proven analytical skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualisation.
- Excellent SQL (Postgresql) , Python (pandas, jupyter, matplotlib, scikit-learn), Powerpoint, and Excel skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills, online and in-person.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new technologies.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Background in workplace management, corporate real estate, building automation or architecture domains.
- Multilingual candidates are highly preferred.
- International career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company.
- Working with a fun, ambitious and committed team of smart people.
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one.
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged and personal feedback is practised.
- Dynamic and flexible working environment.
Please attach your CV and answer the following questions when applying for this role:
- Tell us about yourself (200 words limit)
- What are your goals and aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (200 words limit)
- From 1-10 (10 being the highest), how much would you rate yourself in Python and SQL? Tell us about one of your projects where you used Python/SQL to perform data analysis. (300 words limit)