Director of Engineering
Beam Health is a startup in the digital healthcare space. We are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our development team and help us build great products. You’ll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
You’ll work closely with leadership, product, and customer success teams to build products that make a meaningful difference in physicians’ lives. You’ll also be a part of a tight-knit team that holds each other accountable to change the status quo.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years programming experience. We use React/Django.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage your team and projects to completion
- Ambitious, driven, with a chip on their shoulder to prove themselves
- Quick learner, can pick up new technologies quickly
- A positive attitude & team player with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passionate about Healthcare
- Build cutting edge UI experiences within our native, provider-facing mobile & web applications used by 30,000+ patients
- Build product features end-to-end: through conception, exploration, iteration, maintenance, and polish.
- Build a collaborative & accepting engineering culture
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Comprehensive Health Plans (100% Health, Vision, & Dental)
- Competitive Salary & Option Plan (we mean it)
- Co-working stipend
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Beam are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.