Engineering Manager, Growth
Belong Anywhere Ltd
Bubble empowers businesses and entrepreneurs around the world to build software and apps without writing any code or having to think about infrastructure. We have created a rich visual programming language running on commodity cloud infrastructure, making technology accessible and user friendly and allowing users to bring their visions to life quickly.
What we’ve achieved:
Our product is working, and we are thriving. Entire VC-backed companies have been built entirely on Bubble, we recently raised a $100 million Series A after years of bootstrapping, and we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the New York tech ecosystem.
You can build just about anything on Bubble. All new hires build Bubble apps as part of their onboarding, and a recent hire on our Customer Success team built their own version of the social media application Goodreads in 4 days. It has user authentication, an activity feed, upvotes, commenting, followers, lists, account management, live updates, a fully loaded database, API connectivity, and more.
About the role:
We’re a product-led growth company, so our self-serve onboarding and monetization flows are mission-critical for us. We don’t consider activating and educating our users a solved problem – Bubble is a very open-ended, powerful product – and have ambitious plans to overhaul our new user experience, as well as modernizing and hardening our monetization flows. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us deliver on these initiatives. This person will lead our Growth engineering team which consists of two pods: activation and monetization. An ideal candidate will have experience with delivering on feature roadmaps as well as experimentation and A/B testing.We hope to find a leader as passionate about our mission as we are: making technology more accessible by lowering the barrier to entry to create software.
As our Engineering Manager, you will focus on:
- Speed and quality of delivery – we believe rapid iteration and frequent deployments are the way to build a world-class onboarding experience
- Problem solving – you will partner with Product and Design counterparts as well as engineers to think through user flows, analyze experimental results, and drive architecture decisions.
- Career development and mentoring – we believe in investing in our people, and look for leaders who can develop and uplevel their reports to set them up for long-term career growth.
- Culture building – help build an engineering culture of shared success and shared failure, and passionate, mission-driven engagement, while driving inclusion, equity, and continuous learning.
- Strategic collaboration - work closely with product managers, engineering managers, our marketing team, and leadership, to help deliver results for Bubble as a whole.
- Production support - we’re an international, 24/7 business, and want to maintain high uptime and quality. Develop technical standards, testing, observability, and an on-call rotation for our onboarding and monetization experiences.
- Most qualified candidates will be a current staff/principal engineer, tech lead, engineering manager, or senior engineering manager, with at least 2 years of people management experience. Experience managing people is required.
- We are looking for a deeply technical leader comfortable with legacy systems and a diversity of stacks. While no specific technologies are a hard requirement, we value prior experience with Typescript, Amplitude, Node, Solid.js, and full-stack web development.
As an early engineering manager hire at Bubble, this is an opportunity to take on a large product scope, have a transformative impact on the business, and help define the culture of our engineering organization.
Join us, and let’s democratize access to technology together!
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $174,000 to $236,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For this role, Bubble is currently only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the US and are within commuting distance of our office in New York City. We will provide relocation assistance to those who are interested in moving to the NYC area.
While we do not have any in-office attendance requirements, we prefer hiring people within commuting distance of our NYC office because we value getting together in person regularly. For those who enjoy working from our Manhattan office on a more regular basis, we offer catered lunches, and happy hours, among other fun perks.