Belong Anywhere Ltd
Bubble makes it easier for everyone to build software. From early-stage founders building their very first product, to engineers working on large teams and wanting to build more efficiently, Bubble's drag and drop functionality and visual design language makes building full-stack applications faster and easier than ever before. As the only full-stack, no-code platform on the market with over 2 million users in over 100 countries, Bubble is making software development more accessible and breaking down the barriers to entrepreneurship across the globe.
About the team:
The finance team at Bubble seamlessly integrates with all functions and provides a unique blend of efficiency, accuracy, and versatility. As Bubble continues to grow from a revenue perspective and is building out enterprise customer relationships, we’ve decided it’s time to bring legal counsel in house.
About the role:
We’re looking to expand our team with our first legal role at Bubble - Corporate Counsel! We expect this role to oversee all legal matters across the company and liaise with external counsel for areas requiring specific legal expertise (such as immigration/employment law, IP infringement, privacy). This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to apply their experiences and expertise to build out and lead the legal function of a fast-growing tech start-up. You’ll have an impact on the velocity of our sales team, the quality and integrity of contracts, and overall revenue growth at Bubble.
Contract Drafting and Review:
- Work closely with the Sales team to draft, review, and negotiate SaaS agreements, software licenses, service-level agreements (SLAs), etc
- Ensure contractual terms align with industry standards, legal requirements, and Bubble’s internal policies
Data Privacy and Compliance:
- Build, maintain and improve Bubble’s internal policies. Lead this initiative by working collaboratively with the other functions. Ensure compliance with the latest international and regional standards
- Navigate and advise on data privacy laws (e.g. GDPR) and regulations when helping on sales contracts and vendor agreements.
- Interface with external legal specialists on the evolving landscape
Intellectual Property Protection:
- Provide legal guidance on intellectual property matters, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to identify and protect proprietary technology
- Work proactively with the Marketing team to look out for IP infringement on our forum / social media
Vendor and Third-Party Contracts:
- Manage and negotiate contracts with vendors, suppliers, and third-party service providers
- Assess and mitigate legal risks associated with outsourcing and partnerships
Contract Lifecycle Management:
- Implement and manage a streamlined contract lifecycle management process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve efficiency in contract creation, negotiation, and execution
Emerging Legal Issues and Outside Counsel Coordination:
- Stay up to date on emerging legal issues in the SaaS and tech industry
- Proactively advise on legal changes that may impact the business
- Work closely with external legal counsel on other legal matters impacting the company
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department; ideally a mix of national firms and tech companies
- Active membership in the New York state bar association and in good standing
- Expertise on commercial contracts and privacy
- Experience with building and improving processes
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $145,000 to $175,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For this role, Bubble is currently only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the US and are within commuting distance of our office in New York City. We will provide relocation assistance to those who are interested in moving to the NYC area.
While we do not have any in-office attendance requirements, we prefer hiring people within commuting distance of our NYC office because we value getting together in person regularly. For those who enjoy working from our Manhattan office on a more regular basis, we offer catered lunches, and happy hours, among other fun perks.