Community Operations and Moderation Manager
Belong Anywhere Ltd
Bubble makes it easier for everyone to build software. From early-stage founders building their very first product, to engineers working on large teams and wanting to build more efficiently, Bubble's drag and drop functionality and visual design language makes building full-stack applications faster and easier than ever before. As the only full-stack, no-code platform on the market with over 2 million users in over 100 countries, Bubble is making software development more accessible and breaking down the barriers to entrepreneurship across the globe.
About the team:
At Bubble, our community is an integral part of our success and a driving force behind our growth. Our dedication to cultivating an active and involved global community has propelled us to the forefront of the no-code movement. The Community team is responsible for managing engagement and moderation across all of our community channels, including social media and is in charge of organizing global community events, such as our biggest user conference, BubbleCon. We are seeking an experienced and devoted Community Operations and Moderation Manager to join our team and help drive and scale the growth of our community.
About the role:
As the Community Operations and Moderation Manager, your role will greatly influence the direction of our community and have a significant impact on our business. You'll be responsible for maintaining a dynamic and collaborative space, promoting learning and innovation. Your role will involve leading community engagement and ensure that our online space remains a safe and welcoming environment for collaboration and creativity. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong communication skills and a unique blend of both community management expertise and technical proficiency. You will contribute to the development and enforcement of community guidelines, play a crucial role in the day-to-day moderation operations and implement strategies to enhance community engagement.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase community engagement and attract new users
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and promote compelling content that resonates with the community
- Create and manage initiatives that encourage user-generated content and collaboration within the community
- Establish and enforce community guidelines, policies and standards to ensure a respectful and safe environment
- Respond to user reports and inquiries related to community standards and moderation actions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address user concerns and implement improvements to community features
- Manage and maintain all internal and external community documentation such as guidelines and policies
- Monitor community sentiment and feedback, providing insights to improve products or services
- Implement data-driven approaches to analyze community metrics, spot trends and track growth over time
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging risks, and best practices in community operations and moderation
- 4+ years of experience in community moderation, operations or a similar role, preferably in the technology industry
- Excellent understanding of online community dynamics and user behavior
- Exceptional written and verbal skills; can translate complex solutions to users concisely and clearly, while collaborating with cross-functional teams effectively and efficiently
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of content moderation tools and systems (e.g., Discourse)
- Proven ability to learn a technical, internet-based trade, skill or tool. For example, has built an application, whether with Bubble, other no-code tools or traditional code
- Passion for building inclusive and collaborative communities
- Ability to effectively communicate information and analyze and report on community data, trends, and metrics
- Experience in handling legal and compliance issues related to online content and user interactions
- Experience in crisis management and conflict resolution
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $110,000 to $130,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For this role, Bubble is currently only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the US and are within commuting distance of our office in Manhattan, NYC. We will provide relocation assistance to those who are interested in moving to the NYC area.
While we do not have any in-office attendance requirements, we prefer hiring people within commuting distance of our NYC office because we value getting together in person regularly. For those who enjoy working from our Manhattan office on a more regular basis, we offer catered lunches, and happy hours, among other fun perks.