Co-op Client Coordinator, Tax (Co-op length : Jan - April 2024)
What’s Bench? Visit Bench's latest news to see what's happening, and read what our customers have to say. You can also check us out in Medium, on our LinkedIn page, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Bench Tax department look like?
With Bench Tax we will ensure our clients can ditch the tax season stress, forever. We’re a startup within a startup; a small but mighty team working cross-functionally within Bench.
As a Bench Tax Coordinator you will provide ongoing support directly with our clients and within our internal help channels to ensure that every client and Benchmate has what they need to communicate with our clients or to ensure the service is being delivered. The Bench Tax Coordinator will help maintain the quality of our data environment, ensuring that the Bench Tax Team has the most up to date information to make quality decisions on our service.
Over time, the Bench Tax Coordinator will dive deeper into the delivery of the tax services by being directly responsible for monitoring and managing the delivery of our tax services to our clients and will coordinate directly with various teams internally and externally in order to do so.
What you'll get up to:
Client Engagement - At the core of everything we do is our clients. As a Tax Coordinator with Bench Tax, you will obsess over achieving positive tax outcomes for our clients.
- Connecting with our clients (via phone, email, and platform) to ensure a timely delivery of their tax services
- Helping clients to maintain an accurate tax filing through education and support
- Use your knowledge of the Bench Tax services to respond to and action inquiries & requests from various team members across Bench
Take a Stand - Bench Tax is transforming the tax industry by creating a service that prioritizes the success of our clients over anything else. As a Tax Coordinator within the Bench Tax team, you are fired up to fundamentally change the lives of our clients through the positive outcomes our team can create. We embrace every setback, conversation, experience, and success as a means of making your stand happen.
- Be accountable to deliver on the Bench Tax Team’s quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Participate in the ideation and systematic improvement process that contribute to us building better systems, tools and processes to deliver superior results for our clients and fellow Benchmates
What you'll need:
- You must be enrolled in a current co-op program.
- You have to enjoy driving business success through growth, innovation, and ambiguity.
- A high sense of ownership about your work and high performance standards.
- Consistently looking to improve and are not satisfied with mediocrity.
- To enjoy connecting with clients, improving their experience, and being a jack of all trades when it comes to client support.
- To be a self-starter who is comfortable taking action where there won’t always be clarity. You have good judgement and always push things forward.
- You're never shy in voicing your opinions, whether that’s to a peer or any leader at Bench, and you welcome feedback from others. You believe that feedback is the cornerstone to being our best selves.
- To work well with other individuals and teams in a flexible work environment.
- To be comfortable collaborating cross functionally with other Benchmates to enhance the client experience.
- You strive to be on the pulse of everything, whether that be stepping in to solve a problem, actively participating in ideation or communicating with various stakeholders to get things done!
- You're generally awesome to work with and be around!
It could be an even better fit if you:
- Have experience in Salesforce or other CRMs
What you'll get:
- This is a full-time, 8 month, co-op position, because we want to help you build upon your current skills and add some new skills to your tool belt. You can read all about past student's experience here.
- We're looking for co-ops starting January 2024 with an end date of August 2024.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. You'll start at a base salary of $49,065, with a tax season bonus of $1,000, the total earnings are $50,065 - pro-rated to the length of your contract.
- You'll have access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counselling and support and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- Bench is now a fully remote organization and we'll provide everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- We will be providing alternative solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- We currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.