Senior Product Manager
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
Dear future Benchmate,
There has never been a more exciting time to join Bench. Backed by incredible technology and venture capital, we’re on our way to creating a world where every person has the opportunity to own a thriving business.
Finance is inseparable from the human experience. Our finances influence our mental and physical wellbeing, where we live, our education, our family structures, and the opportunities we do or do not have. In the mind of the small business owner, there is no distinction between their business finances and their personal finances. Working at Bench isn’t about fintech; it’s about helping every business owner thrive!
Bench is already the biggest bookkeeper in North America — we currently have over 12,000 clients, and since inception we have processed over $90B in transactions — and we’re just at the beginning of our journey. We have incredible automation technology that has allowed us to build the world’s largest bookkeeping service with a fraction of the operating cost of any competitor, and we have an ambitious roadmap that takes our automation to the next level.
Prasad Sristi, VP of Product
What you’ll get up to:
- Work backwards from customer problems to create well-defined products and features.
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver a superior developer experience to Bench partners.
- Collaborate with the product design team, core product management team, and our partners to deliver a superior end-customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing on GTM strategies and successfully launch new products.
- Own and prioritize a major part of Bench's Product Roadmap.
- Define metrics that measure the success of your work and communicate them effectively to executive leadership.
What you’ll need:
- A resonance with our mission and principles.
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in product management; launching complex products from zero to one.
- A demonstrated track record of successful full-cycle product management.
- Familiarity with the principles of product led growth within a SaaS environment.
- Adeptness at discussing solutions to complex problems with engineers. Software engineers at Bench’s partners will be your customers.
- A demonstrable drive to grow. Fostering growth is what we do here, in ourselves and in our reports. Our mission is big, and we all need to grow significantly to achieve it.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, a keen perceptiveness to your audience, and the ability to authentically generate buy-in across multiple teams.
It could be an even better fit if you:
- Have a well-developed equity lens: You actively engage in leadership of teams and of strategic-level work with an equity lens and an eye for inclusivity. You don’t just accept equitable practices, you model and advocate for them on your teams and in your work.
What you’ll get:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $126,000 to $157,000 depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.