Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join Bevi’s manufacturing team. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager. The Manufacturing Engineer will primarily drive continuous improvement, reliability initiatives, and be the “voice of the customer” at our manufacturers. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with the Sustaining and Hardware Engineering teams to identify and prioritize improvements in the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will embrace the Bevi core values, learning new skills, working across disciplines, and driving issues to completion.
As a Manufacturing Engineer at Bevi, you will:
- Work directly with our manufacturing partners and get hands on with the machines and assembly processes.
- Work directly with our manufacturing partners to launch products into mass production by establishing the manufacturing line with our contract manufacturers.
- Lead development of manufacturing test processes with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and work closely with other team members to identify and prioritize the most critical areas of improvement including, but not limited to, manufacturing and supplier defects, design limitations, field complaints, and serviceability issues.
- Collaborate with quality engineering to execute and design electromechanical tests, FMEAs and DOEs to identify root cause and verify corrective action fix effectiveness.
- Develop and execute engineering changes in order to support overall objectives.
- Influence standardization and process refinement within the engineering organization
- Identify and implement quality requirements for design verification, test plan execution, and generation of test reports for NPI design verification.
- Perform hands-on and data-driven triage root cause analysis utilizing common problem solving methodologies (8D, SCAR, 5Y, CAPA etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to drive closure of critical issues to ensure effective root cause and corrective action implementation
- Analyze quality monitoring data sources and apply statistical techniques to identify existing and potential causes of failures, monitor performance of corrective actions, and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Work directly with component suppliers and contract manufacturers to create processes, tests and procedures to improve the customer experience and machine reliability