Front End Developer @ AI in drug development startup
This opportunity might be for you if,
you are an experienced Front End developer
you have experience working on B2B SaaS platforms
you believe user experience is as important as function
you have a passion for developing impactful products
you find the idea of joining the core team of a growing startup exciting
Our Story We're a small team who dares to dream big. Our mission is to make the drug development process more predictable and, right now, we're focused on the regulatory perspective. Our SaaS platform uses AI to capture insights from past drug development programs and allow the industry to learn from them.
We take great pride in the fact that our technology is currently used by top biopharmaceutical teams to find regulatory precedents and answer challenging regulatory questions. Listening to our users has been instrumental in getting us to this stage and we’re committed to maintaining this culture. We make the voice of our users everyone’s responsibility and the focal point of every decision we make.
We’re also proud of being part of local and global tech startup communities such as Communitech, Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) and Techstars.
We're looking for builders who are not afraid to think outside the box, who are willing to challenge the status quo, and who are willing to push limits to achieve a common goal.
If you find motivation in making a difference and thrive in a rapidly evolving startup environment, then we'd like to talk. Contact us at email@example.com and let us know why you're this is the perfect opportunity for you.
About This Role Every member on our team is involved in listening to users, discovering their needs, brainstorming potential solutions, debating the different options, and taking ownership in product development and testing. In addition to these shared responsibilities, each team member plays a primary role in one of these areas or the areas that support them.
For the Frontend Developer role, our team is looking for someone with the drive and passion to push the boundaries of our current technology and make meaningful impact. You will be responsible for designing and developing the frontend of our platform to solve current and future needs of our users.
Your typical work week may involve the following:
- understand the working of the existing web application (built using VueJS);
- understand the business needs through discussions with the team;
- transform business needs into technical features;
- propose improvements based on user experience;
- prioritize tasks (fixes, improvements and new features) based on impact value and development time;
- implement the features;
- test and maintain the web application;
- assist the team in responding to technical issues experienced by the users;
- work with the team on frequent iteration cycles, including development and launch of new releases.
We empower our team members to take ownership of their work. You will have the opportunity to directly interact with users so that you can get direct feedback on your work. You will have the opportunity to interact with our network of top industry experts and professors in via Techstars, Creative Destruction Lab and Communitech.
Desired skill set:
- Prior experience building production-grade Vue.js applications
Either one of the below:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Completion of bootcamps or online courses in programming
- Strong evidence of building prior technology projects
How to Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following,
- Resume (including links to Github, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Short cover letter explaining why you're interested in working with us and why this is the perfect opportunity for you
Here's the testimony of a Software Engineer intern: “The work environment and culture at Biotech Square is incredibly supportive, fun, and rewarding. The mentorship I was given was the perfect balance of being able to work through solutions by myself while also being able to ask questions and receive guidance. They always made sure that my personal goals were met and made sure I was doing work I was interested in. The internship at Biotech Square exceeded all my expectations and by the end of the term, I had acquired several important programming skills and was able to tackle complex problems on my own.”