Software Engineer (Product Generalist)
BlackOakTV is a media and technology company looking to build “the place” for the under-served black audience to stream and commune over stories that empower and represent their daily lives.
Our primary product is a subscription video on demand platform that allows our audience to stream shows and movies created by their favorite Influencers. On top of this we are building new streaming experiences to suit the peculiar needs of the black audience and we are looking for a talented Software Engineers (Product Generalist) to bring this vision to light.
Are you a product generalist? Have you worked on Web/Android/iOS/Cross-Platform frameworks in the past ? Are you looking to make a big impact in a small accomplished team? Are you self driven and goal oriented ? Are you passionate about media/video streaming and are excited to innovate with refreshing features in this space ? Interested in being a founding engineering member ? Are you excited about 0-1 projects ?
At BlackOakTV you will be joining an impressive team of YC Founders, currently building a redefined streaming experience.
Our ideal Software Engineer will be responsible for …
- Creating the roadmap, metrics, as well as driving execution towards assigned company objectives/strategies
- Contributing towards the company’s strategic objectives that translates to successful outcomes for the company
- Creating and maintaining a good product culture at the company between the engineering team members.
- Communicating up and coming up with best effort estimations on deliverables
- Building the engineering team along with the CTO.
- Creating scope and direction for hires in the company
- Mentoring incoming and other engineers at the company
We expect that you …
- Have at least 3 years of experience building products
- Have experience taking products to production and working with a team
- Are an expert at Web, Cross Platform technology like RN or flutter, or Native iOS/Android and are up to date on all the latest technologies.
- Have a proven track record with best practices like testing, continuous integration, deployment, code reviewing, source controls
- Are a good communicator, always looking for ways to grow, make more impact and to positively influence people around you.
- Understand programming languages, their tradeoffs and can recommend the right tools for different features.
- Are passionate about media, streaming and or BlackOakTV's mission.
Preferably, we would like for our ideal candidate to have had …
- Experience working at a startup and is capable of switching across multiple projects
- Experience of leadership in ways that have had a positive impact on a team and their work environment.
- Experience building streaming products/features on iOS or Android.or web
We're currently going through a relaunch and are rebuilding brand new streaming experiences across over mobiles (iOS & android), Web, TV (Fire, Roku, AndroidTV), etc.