Senior Frontend Engineer
Globally, 80% of workers don’t have a desk or an office. These workers are the backbone of the global economy, the people we interact with every day in stores, on buses, in our hospitals, delivering our parcels and maintaining our buildings. The current generation of workplace technology doesn’t fit their needs, Blink enables those people to be productive, informed and engaged while on the move.
We've built a fresh approach to an old problem. Our goal is to be the #1 choice for mobile enterprise, to build the workplace ‘super-app’ that brings together in one place the people and information that matter.
Our award-winning product has industry-leading levels of engagement, with a DAU of 99% – and we've got so much more to achieve. Scalability, automation and precision are at the heart of what we do. We're never shackled down by convention; always open-minded, always moving forward.
With over 100,000 users, and growing daily, and our first ever CTO in place, this is an unparalleled opportunity to be an integral part of a Product and Engineering team building one of the world's most exciting technologies.
💻 What will you be doing?
You will work as part of a world-class team of engineers, designers and testers building the Frontline of the Future. The applications you will help build are used by thousands of customers daily and make a tangible difference in their day-to-day lives.
- Working on our Web Apps, Micro-Apps, Node.js side-services and React component library.
- Focusing on delivery; ship code often and respond to customer feedback or issues quickly.
- Continuously improving (build) tools and developer experience; automating repetitive tasks, simplifying existing processes and documenting APIs and behaviour.
- Helping architect the high-level structure, flow of state and future direction of the Blink web platform.
- Writing clean, well-documented, testable, maintainable code that is easy to read and modify while rapidly iterating and shipping..
🚀 About you
The successful candidate will be resourceful, inquisitive, a fast learner and have a passion for building exciting front-end experiences. You’ll be able to pick up new concepts quickly and empathise with customer pain points.
We're looking for someone who is ambitious and wants to develop in a fast-growing company. The successful candidate will:
- Experience with frameworks like React, Vue or Svelte and tools such as Redux, Mobx, Webpack, Parcel, Git, Next.js and Node.js.
- Experience working with web apps, ideally a data driven and/or real-time web app.
- Proven ability to thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Be passionate about user experience and go the extra mile to bring joy to customers using our products.
- Be excited about what is happening in the JS/front-end world, keep up to date with the latest ideas, tools and developments.
- A self-starter, eager to learn and thrive in a high functioning team
- Solution focused, looking to help people and customers in finding solutions to their problems
- A ruthless prioritiser, able to manage multiple projects at any time with strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong collaborative cross functional level relationships
- An elite communicator, able to influence and motivate stakeholders & strong communication skills (written & verbal) to break down complex concepts in an easy to understand way
- A process improvement mindset, able to identify and implement areas for improvement, particularly in a scaling environment
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced software development team and/or, in the SaaS and/or HR Tech industry, is a bonus
💙 About us
We're a friendly bunch.
Motivated, positive and social; we're all different, but these traits tie us together. We work closely as a team and genuinely value each other's opinions. Most of all, we try and learn as much as we can from one another, through knowledge sharing and healthy debate.
Our diverse backgrounds and interests make our engineering culture unique. We are parents, polyglots (in both spoken and programming languages), cyclists, musicians – and so much more.
You will have the opportunity to be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. Most importantly, you’ll work for a company with a strong purpose, with an ambitious team embarking on a journey most start-ups can only dream of! Benefits include:
- Competitive salary – and equity in the company
- A quirky, spacious, natural light-filled office in London
- 25 days a year off (plus public holidays!)
- Learning & development focus, plus mentorship options. We’ll do everything we can to get you to the top of your game
- Private healthcare, Ride2Work, pension scheme
At Blink, we're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse culture where our people feel they truly belong. We value and respect individual differences, so all applications will receive fair and equal consideration without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age