Globally, 80% of workers don’t have a desk or an office. These workers are the backbone of the global economy, the people we interact with every day in stores, on buses, in our hospitals, delivering our parcels and maintaining our buildings. The current generation of workplace technology doesn’t fit their needs, Blink enables those people to be productive, informed and engaged while on the move.
We've built a fresh approach to an old problem. Our goal is to be the #1 choice for mobile enterprise, to build the workplace ‘super-app’ that brings together in one place the people and information that matter.
Our award-winning product has industry-leading levels of engagement, with a DAU of 99% – and we've got so much more to achieve. Scalability, automation and precision are at the heart of what we do. We're never shackled down by convention; always open-minded, always moving forward.
With over 100,000 users, and growing daily, and our first ever CTO in place, this is an unparalleled opportunity to be an integral part of a Product and Engineering team building one of the world's most exciting technologies.
What will you be doing?
This role is part of Solutions Engineering team, working to understand customer requirements and delivering smart solutions that solve their business pain points. In this position about 20% of your time will be working with our customers to understand their requirements and 80% focused on customer led development and integrations.
- Working closely with our pre and post sales teams to proactively scope technical solutions, addressing customer requirements and creating more value for our customers
- Develop public facing API endpoints, SDKs, documentation, examples, and tutorials to help our clients deliver their own solutions
- Focus on delivery while helping to improve our internal processes, practices, and tools
What are we looking for?
Most importantly, we're looking for someone who is ambitious and wants to develop in a fast-growing company. You will be resourceful and inquisitive, with an ability to easily connect with a customer. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience evaluating trade-offs in delivering solutions between user experience, time, and complexity
- Proven ability to design, implement and document flexible and stable APIs
- Experience creating well structured, tested and enterprise grade applications
- A self-starter, eager to learn and thrive in a high functioning team
- Solution focused, looking to help people and customers in finding solutions to their problems
- A ruthless prioritiser, able to manage multiple projects at any time with strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong collaborative cross functional level relationships
- An elite communicator, able to influence and motivate stakeholders & strong communication skills (written & verbal) to break down complex concepts in an easy to understand way
- A process improvement mindset, able to identify and implement areas for improvement, particularly in a scaling environment
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced software development team and/or in the SaaS and/or HR Tech industry, is a bonus
💙 About us
We're a friendly bunch.
Motivated, positive and social; we're all different, but these traits tie us together. We work closely as a team and genuinely value each other's opinions. Most of all, we try and learn as much as we can from one another, through knowledge sharing and healthy debate.
Our diverse backgrounds and interests make our engineering culture unique. We are parents, polyglots (in both spoken and programming languages), cyclists, musicians – and so much more.
💰 What we offer
You will have the opportunity to be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. Most importantly, you’ll work for a company with a strong purpose, with an ambitious team embarking on a journey most start-ups can only dream of! Benefits include:
- Equity allocations with significant upside potential
- 401(k) to help you save for a bright future
- Private health insurance- medical, dental, and vision coverage
- The ability for you to grow, learn, and solve a variety of challenges, working in a supportive environment with smart people.
At Blink, we're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse culture where our people feel they truly belong. We value and respect individual differences, so all applications will receive fair and equal consideration without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age