Software Engineer - Customers
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
The candidate will join a team that is building one of the most important modules of the client facing Blucore application and one that is heavily depended upon by other teams. This is an exciting time to join this group as there is an opportunity to have a great impact on the application design and implementation. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door. The ideal candidate will genuinely enjoy collaborating and sharing ideas with a team as well as taking a deep interest in the industry, the product and our clients’ success.
- Design, architect, and develop performant, reliable, and high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Grow projects owned by our Delivery Pipeline squad, such as making improvements to our pipeline throughput, as well as recommendation engine.
- Plan and executes effectively on large architecture projects with complex dependencies.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and designers, data scientists, and cross-functional engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Work effectively in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Communicate technical ideas, proposals, and plans effectively through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Experience working with GKE or other Kubernetes cloud services and Microservice Architecture highly-sought. Additional exposure to TypeScript, GraphQL, or postgreSQL a plus, but not required.
- Strong experience in product development, including API and integrations engineering. Experience with data-driven SaaS platforms required, B2B or Ad Marketplace products desired.
- Relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or problem space with similar technical challenges. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, Email, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term technical roadmaps, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Salary Range $140k - $200k
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Bluecore. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Bluecorians. We expect that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Bluecore to land well within our salary ranges based on these factors
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Something looks off?