Software Engineer - Foundation
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
We are looking for Software Engineers to work across our Foundation Team to build our data streaming pipeline. This covers everything from data imported directly from clients to online events.You will be joining a team that manages millions of events per hour and is at the heart of our data ingestion process that services the company.
The ideal candidate is adept at writing robust, extensible, and efficient code and has a knack for solving sophisticated problems with simple solutions. Our stack consists primarily of Python and Golang on the backend. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill set. We use Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, and Cloud SQL. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
Bluecore’s Engineering team is made up of exemplary engineers who believe in working collaboratively to solve sophisticated technical problems and build creative solutions that are as simple as possible, but as powerful as necessary. We emphasize a culture of making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale.
- Gathering requirements, crafting, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining systems.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- 3+ years of meaningful professional software engineering experience
- B.E./B.S. in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics or relevant field/equivalent work experience
- Significant programming expertise
- Experience with languages such as Python, C++, Java, or Go
- Track record of delivering high quality products
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Knack for getting things done, whether it be independently or in a team
- Experience/Passion for exploring diverse fields such as Machine Learning, AI, microservice architecture
Salary Range $140k - $200k
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Bluecore. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Bluecorians. We expect that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Bluecore to land well within our salary ranges based on these factors
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Something looks off?