Solutions Consultant (All Levels) - Enterprise
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
The Bluecore Solutions Consultant (i.e. Sales Engineer) serves as the technical expert throughout the sales process. This person develops a thorough understanding of our prospect and customers’ business challenges and technical needs to effectively communicate and translate that understanding into innovative technical retail solutions. This position is best fit for someone who:
- Loves the intersection of marketing technology and the retail industry
- Is technically curious and loves to get into the weeds of technology
- Can “own the room” when presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrives in a cross-functional team environment
- Enjoys sophisticated problem solving with a focus on driving performance for customers
- Is a self-starter who sees problems as opportunities for innovation
The ideal candidate will leverage their technology-enabled, large-scale-marketing-transformation experience – and knowledge of the latest retail trends – to be a technical and strategic advisor to our customers, sellers, and other internal teams.
- Supporting Sales with your deep product knowledge and general technical and retail expertise while helping position Bluecore's marketing technology to leading retail/eCommerce companies
- Assertively serving as the main authority in sales meetings for all product and technology-related topics.
- Delivering technical and/or product demos and presentations that emphasize the differentiated value of the Bluecore platform.
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from IT and marketers to executive-level decision-makers.
- Analyzing and evaluating the technical structure of the websites of prospects, to ensure compatibility with Bluecore technology.
- Assisting with management of the Bluecore product demo environment to ensure that our team delivers great product demos.
- Training and enabling the sales team, specifically pertaining to the topics of product, technology, and competitive positioning.
- Working cross-functionally between teams, including sales, customer success, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Writing answers to and being generally accountable for written RFPs and security questionnaires.
- Staying up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Developing small-scale coding projects that support Bluecore demo processes and front-end PoCs, as needed.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent technical experience. You need not be an engineer, but you must be a general technologist.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in pre-sales consulting or a similar customer-facing role with experience in marketing technology. Experience at the intersection of retail and martech is a major plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You will be writing and talking a lot, so this is one of the most important aspects of the job.
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product.
- Ability to connect prospect/customer’s pain with the value that Bluecore solutions create.
- Quick, on-your-feet thinking, especially in meetings where you might be asked rapid-fire questions.
- Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions, given a list of prospect business requirements.
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more, in order to keep up with both Bluecore’s rapid pace of development and the broader industry.
- Must be comfortable working day-to-day with cloud-based workflow tools, such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Slack.
- Ability to travel up to 20% and authorization to work in the USA.
Salary Range: $140k - $190k + commissions
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Bluecore. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Bluecorians. We expect that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Bluecore to land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.