In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
Bluecore is expanding our finance team and is looking for a Senior Accountant with a positive attitude who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.This is a great opportunity to become a member of the finance team for a breakthrough company that is disrupting the retail market.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Own the AP process from vendor contract through vendor payment
- Participate in AR and collections, banking reconciliations and tax related transactions
- Maintain and prepare reconciliations for accrual accounts, fixed assets, and intangible assets
- Participate in creating and maintaining commission calculation files for variable compensation plans, including those for the Sales and Customer Success teams
- Work closely with Sales Operations and FP&A to evaluate new compensation plan changes and assess accounting impact and operational feasibility
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
What you bring:
- 5+ years of accounting experience (mix of Big 4 and private accounting/relevant month-end close experience preferred)
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA required
- Experience working with NetSuite and/or Salesforce
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of-the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Bluecore. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Bluecorians. We expect that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Bluecore to land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.