Principal software Engineer
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
Principal Software Engineer
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains. Provide significant engineering contributions even in domains with less expertise.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and cross-functional engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Act as a role model for every engineer in the organization and promote Bluecore engineering values to the company.
- Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp up time of new and existing team members.
- Plan, design, and roadmap extremely large and complex projects with difficult and intertwined dependencies that push the boundary of what the engineering team and the entire business is capable of. Promote coding standards, styles, and design principles across the organization.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst senior engineering leadership and company leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire engineering organization.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading external initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- 14+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably within a similar industry or technology space.
- S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Significant programming expertise. Experience with languages such as Go, Python, C++ or Java.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Deep understanding and domain expertise in building large, complex distributed and/or data-driven systems from inception to launch. Extensive experience pushing multiple product releases and/or feature iterations, with an eye towards scalability, reliability, cost, and optimization.
- Is a leading expert in one or more engineering domains, such as stream processing, big data, feature development or product engineering, and regularly contributes to technical communities external to Bluecore.
- Experience executing large refactors in the codebase that impact cleanliness and efficacy of product or system-wide infrastructure. Experience leading the redesign or migration of a codebases, feature set, or system architecture ideal.
- Capable of owning engineering and company level issues or gaps, and successfully planning and executing towards resolution, all while continuously identifying and exploring additional opportunities and proactively preventing upcoming risks.
- Experience developing technical roadmaps and estimates that have pushed product and business growth over several quarters. Has a proven track record of successfully completing work that spans multiple teams and quarters, creating large impacts to business success.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design.
- Able to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Adept at effectively communicating with external customers about critical production issues, as well as working with internal stakeholders from Bluecore’s customer success and support teams to propose and implement immediate fixes and resolution plans.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.