Senior Full-stack Software Engineer (React/NextJS/Python)
Detroit/Ann Arbor/Brighton, MI - United States of America (USA)
blueflite designs and manufactures high performance, electric, unmanned, aerial tilt-rotor vehicles for the delivery of light cargo. Our UAV platform is scalable and has unique and patented design characteristics resulting in advanced capability regarding maneuverability and vehicle control. blueflite has extensive experience in carbon fiber structure design and manufacturing, design of propulsion systems, developing advanced flight control algorithms, implementation of code in on-board computer systems, and developing a digital ground infrastructure.
We are looking for innovative and solutions-oriented engineers and entrepreneurs to be part of our amazing technology development journey creating the next generation of logistic technology platform centered around our unique, agile, and robust UAV design. If the idea of working with ground-breaking technologies to develop the next generation of cargo UAV and logistic technology platforms has your attention, then keep reading.
About The Role
The blueflite team is developing an entire ecosystem and integrated platform to support autonomous operations of vertical lift systems. Among the platform's components are a variety of web application frontends, backend APIs, and services, both client-facing and internal. Your role will be to lead in the continued development and improvement of these components and the development of additional applications and utilities.
Day to day work at blueflite centers around an agile-based approach in small teams of brilliant scientists, engineers, software developers, technicians, pilots, and experts all working towards a world class UAV technology platform.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Develop and enhance multiple web application frontends/backends and services, from UI/UX mockup to implementation, QA, and versioning.
- Manage deployments/release management across multiple environments and systems.
- Provide guidance on the choices of frameworks and architecture for future projects.
- Build and lead the software team as we grow.
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of other engineers and product owners to develop attractive and intuitive interfaces, and robust and secure backends.
- Can work in small agile teams with a great attitude and excellent communication skills.
- 5+ years of real-world experience developing full-stack web applications using React/NextJS.
- Experience with Python for API and service/utility development
- Experience developing in macOS or Linux/VSCode/Git environments.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Bonus: Cloud DevOps experience
- Bonus: Machine learning development and deployment experience
- Bonus: Embedded systems development and/or experience with Nvidia Jetson products
Paid Time Off | Health Insurance | Dental | Vision | Equity
Powered by JazzHR