Embedded Software Engineer
Brighton, MI - United States of America (USA)
Blueflite designs and manufactures high performance, electric, unmanned, aerial tilt-rotor vehicles for the delivery of light cargo. Our UAV platform is scalable and has unique and patent-pending design characteristics resulting in advanced capability regarding maneuverability and vehicle control. blueflite has extensive experience in carbon fiber structure design and manufacturing, design of propulsion systems, developing advanced flight control algorithms, implementation of code in on-board computer systems, and developing a digital ground infrastructure.
We are searching for team members to support the continued development of blueflite’s existing and future UAV platforms. We are looking for innovative and solutions-oriented engineers and entrepreneurs to be part of our amazing technology development journey; creating the next generation of logistic technology platform centered on our unique, agile, and robust UAV design.
About The Role
Drive the continuous improvement of our vehicle hardware platform towards the singular goal of a truly industry startling vehicle with unparalleled performance and robustness. Day to day work at blueflite centers around an agile approach in small teams of brilliant scientists, engineers, software developers, technicians, pilots, and experts all working towards a world class UAS technology platform. Candidates should prove their experience in writing firmware for embedded systems, a learning approach to making informed decisions about the platform, and the ability to drive design requirements for PCBs.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Setup and maintain interfaces between various embedded devices (sensors, cameras, payload drop mechanism) and Pixhawk Autopilot and Nvidia Jetson
- Program Battery Management System (BMS) STM32 Board
- Program STM32 Board to support redundancy from dual battery system
- Add QGroundControl (QGC) UI support for certain embedded devices connected to autopilot
- Support flight test team during testing of newly added embedded devices
- Experience working in small agile teams
- Great attitude and communication skills
- Proficiency in C/C++ and experience with communication protocols like Ethernet, CAN, I2C, MAVLink
- 3+ years of experience in programming embedded devices (especially STM32)
- 3+ years working experience in an applicable engineering field à Embedded/Robotics preferred
- Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering (or equivalent) à Master’s Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of QT framework for user interfaces
- (Bonus) experience interfacing devices with PX4 flight stack and QGroundControl
- (Bonus) experience with guiding the design of PCBs for embedded devices
Paid Time Off | Health Insurance | Dental | Vision | Equity
Powered by JazzHR