Customer Engagement Manager
BOS Framework is a Cloud infrastructure and DevOps automation platform that enables tech teams to provision, configure and orchestrate their application and data environments in AWS/Azure with built-in observability, resilience, and compliance, without having to learn IaC or DevOps on the job.
Creating Massive Impact
With BOS, tech-enabled businesses greatly reduce technical debt, assure on-going 99.99% uptime, gain release cycle efficiencies, and save 30 to 80% of the cost and time that goes into building, migrating, and maintaining Cloud environments with fewer tools and resources.
- Engagement Manager, 4-8 years (Required as the Customer-facing delivery manager)
- Software Development or working closely with Developers, 4-6 years (Required)
- Cloud Technologies and DevOps, 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- 4+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions. Experience managing Agile/Scrum projects is a must.
- Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of small-to-mid web/enterprise applications needed. Technical experience in application development either as a developer or a tester is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion for application delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short- and long-term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Experience working with remote development teams is required.
- Experience interfacing with external API and similar third-party vendors is preferred.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in an organization
- Ability to travel minimally required, up to 10%
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives.
- Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood, and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Provide consultation directly to client-side product owners and other stakeholders around solution options and vendor product selection as needed.
- Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
- Work as a facilitator between customers, delivery managers and solution architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions.
- Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Lead all design/development aspects of SDLC for Client Application Studios projects in partnership with PMO
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with BOS’ corporate strategy and adhere to BOS’ greater vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the effort.
- Partner with client-side stakeholders and project team to design, develop, and support the most optimal, right-sized solutions.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with the delivery manager and the director of Product Success; Example: project initiation/kick-off document, sprint plan, architecture docs, database drawings, project risk log, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Director of Product Success or other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to customers and BOS’ leadership; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders
- Partner with the project delivery leader to prepare the overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Partner with Business Analysts (BA) to analyze business and functional requirements which have an impact on business applications.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- Coordinate with customers and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both onshore and offshore teams, project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all onshore and offshore resources assigned to the project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership