Senior Robotics Engineer
Boson Motors is a Silicon Valley based startup focusing on farm automation. We are working on solving farming/agricultural automation challenges with our electric vehicles and computer vision. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to streamline our facility operations.
Looking for an autonomous Senior Robotic Engineer with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
Core responsibility is to design, develop and implement robotic systems that can operate without human intervention.
You will be responsible for significant portions of the software for the projects you are assigned to. This will range from initial concept development and architecture through to customer signoff. Your goal is to develop robust software that will operate for years in the field, compensating for uncertain environments and noisy data. You will work closely with the rest of the Boson development team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions, and will help the production team initiate mass manufacturing on the results.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in ROS and designing.
Location: Ambattur, Chennai / Tirupati
Roles & Responsibilities
- Designing and building the software components of autonomous robotic systems. This may involve working with other engineers and designers to create the specifications for the system.
- Developing algorithms that will allow the robot to navigate its environment, detect objects, and perform other tasks autonomously.
- Responsible for testing and debugging the system to ensure that it is functioning as expected.
- Responsible for conducting research to stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in autonomous robotics technology and techniques.
- Working with other engineers, software developers, and designers to ensure that the system meets the desired specifications and functionality.
- Responsible for documenting all aspects of the system, including design specifications, software code, test procedures, and user manuals.
- Responsible for providing ongoing maintenance and support for the system, including updating software.
- Architecture development, in conjunction with our electrical engineers
- Must have a strong background in Robotics Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics.
- Should have 5 to 7 years of experience in Programming Languages like C++, Python and Simulators like Gazebo and MATLAB .
- Hands on experience with ROS and Shell Scripting.
- Must have experience working with Robotic Sensors and control systems.
- Should possess good interpersonal skills
- He/she must also portray good leadership abilities.
- Must be able to work and deliver within a limited time range or frame
- Should be able to work as part of a team on a regular basis
- He/she must have good analytical, problem solving, and organizational abilities.
- Experience with rigorous software testing and continuous integration processes
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with source control, code/design review processes, etc.
- Moderate to strong Linux platform experience (more than CLI, bordering on kernel compilation)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Confidence in customer facing roles – friendly manner.