Senior Information Security Engineer
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
Branch is seeking an experienced Security professional to join our team. This position will work in all aspects of security, so broad security knowledge is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a background in securing applications, networks, cloud environments, and corporate devices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor all environments for potential security risks
- Maintain logging and monitoring infrastructure
- Will be the internal expert on the companies SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) tool
- Will manage the 3rd Party Vendor Management process
- Respond to security incidents in a measured, programmatic, and timely manner
- This position may lead and/or participate in incident response activities
- Implement security automation and orchestration as a means to do more, faster, with a high degree of accuracy
- Work closely with out Cloud Operations team to guide them on building appropriately hardened and configured infrastructure, platforms, and applications
- Regularly test the security posture using various tools and manual techniques
- Identify, manage, and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Provide insight and recommendations in Patch & Vulnerability Management meetings
- Implement, maintain, and monitor security controls
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Oral and written communication to an audience of employees as well as to the leadership team is necessary
- Cloud infrastructure security experience preferred
- Ability to independently work security incidents from identification to resolution
- Experience investigating incidents such as; malware, phishing, DLP, and other security events
- Experience protecting Cloud resources, along with Linux, Mac, and Windows devices
- Solid ethics and core values
- Situations sometimes require discretion and may be of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Experience using or interested in learning various security tools such as
- Burp Suite, Nessus, Nmap, Kali, Cuckoo, XSOAR, Metasploit, SonarQube, etc
- Familiarity with security frameworks like SOC 2, PCI, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, CCPA
- Experience with, or interest in learning, security orchestration tools
- Scripting experience using Bash and Python is preferred
- Certifications a plus (SANS/CISSP, etc)
- Remote-first work culture (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must be currently authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship or transfer. No 3rd-parties, please.