Solutions Engineer (Sales)
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer who will manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle and will be a liaison between Product, Security, Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success Teams. This individual will be a pivotal member of our Sales team, acting as a thought partner and co-pilot for our account executives throughout the sales cycle. Success in this role will rely on a combination of technical proficiency, confidence working with clients, and partnering with the product team on integration needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the account executives from start to finish to help secure enterprise-level deals from a technical perspective
- Become a subject matter expert on the Branch wallet and other products, and stay on top of any new releases.
- Assist the Sales Team in preparations and delivery of any pre-sales technical discovery and analysis
- Become a trusted advisor for key client stakeholders (CTO, CIO, Head of Payments, etc.)
- Educate prospects on implementation and usage of the product and answer any technical sales-related questions, including product architecture and API documentation.
- Drive the RFP, RFI, and Security Questionnaire process and submission.
- Draft SOWs to detail client integrations and requirements ahead of passing to Customer Success.
- Engage with prospects to understand their needs and gather requirements to provide ideal payment solutions.
- Build and present custom demos tailored to specific customer needs
- Stay on top of industry trends in our verticals and competitive analysis
- Ensure a smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales handoff to our Customer Success and Account Management teams
- Provide product-related training to new and existing members of the sales team
- Work directly with Product on new requirements and priorities
- 5+ years’ experience working in a technical role as a SaaS sales engineer/solutions consultant
- MUST HAVE previous sales/closing experience.
- Excellent communicator with strong business acumen
- Experience demonstrating software solutions to enterprise level clients
- Ability to explain technical details to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to be part of the full sales process, and passionate about hitting targets.
- Ability to travel 20%
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Payroll, Fintech, or Card industries
- Prior experience at a growth stage fintech/Internet/software company
- Prior experience selling into Healthcare, Business Services, and/or Hospitality
- Understands cybersecurity issues and risks
- Experience with technical implementation process involving integrations and APIs into web and mobile applications
- Bonus: Software development experience (CS degree or bootcamp experience)
- Work from anywhere (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, Great Places to Work, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.