UI Designer for Calming Technology
Breathing.AI is looking for a UI Designer! We are developing adaptive interfaces to personalize designs (colors, fonts, brightness etc) to each user based on their heart rate and breathing (detected via laptop camera and machine learning/ML).
The potential is to join our core team and potentially become a co-founder. In order to establish if this is the right fit there is a 60 day probationary period. Compensation after that 60 day period is project-based and or equity until the end of the seed round, then salary based on skills and experience.
We specifically are looking for someone who:
- Takes pride in designing easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward-thinking with approachability.
- Has a passion for bringing new ideas to the table, as well as a deep understanding of what tactics are being used across the competitive landscape.
- Have experience with modern interface design tooling (we use Figma)
- Design system centered approach to building experiences. You love creating modular and smart interfaces that reduce complexity and fragmentation.
- Proven understanding and experience with information architecture, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping. Translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into useful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
- Develop navigational hierarchies and effectively visualize key concepts of site structure and user pathways
- Build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An online design portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a thorough understanding of the design process
- Is an excellent communicator, and is able to present concepts and deliver constructive feedback.
- Is self-motivated, collaborative, hard-working, and work well against deadlines
- And lastly, wants to be apart of an inclusive, and fun team
- Preferred experience includes:
- Previous experience working with a creative start-up
- Previous engineering experience
The potential is to join our core team potentially and become a co-founder.
Compensation for now project-based and equity until the end of the seed round, then salary based on skills and experience.
Please send a few work samples and your motivation why you work on design and technology.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!