Senior Engineering Manager (Learning & Authoring Experience)
- Serve as a people manager and technical sounding board for a group of about 8 talented and motivated engineers.
- Develop and share product and business context. Support each of your reports as they pursue a depth of knowledge in their problem space and a genuine understanding of their close collaborators.
- Cultivate awareness among engineers of how their work connects to business objectives. Enable engineers to make sharp, high-context prioritization decisions.
- Contribute to strategic technical decision making. Identify opportunities to improve engineering velocity and quality of life. Sometimes get your hands dirty and contribute directly to unblock a project or build a proof of concept.
- Advise on and implement changes to our engineering processes and culture.
- Set an excellent example to the engineering team in everything from decision making to work-life balance.
Who are you?
- You've worked professionally as a Software Engineer for at least 5 years, and you have experience as a people manager.
- You've worked on products with rich, innovative user interactions and have significant frontend experience.
- You are comfortable switching contexts between languages, frameworks, and paradigms. You're excited about functional programming.
- You're energized by fostering talent. You're excited to support the professional development of a team of skilled and curious engineers.
- You're energized by learning from your colleagues. You're excited to learn from a team of skilled and curious engineers.
- You enjoy thinking through technical problems at a high level, and you're eager to guide your reports in exploring the landscape of possible solutions. You’re a talented systems-thinker who frequently asks “why”.
- You greatly enjoy working on both organizational and technical problems. You believe that how we all work together will be the difference between building a great product and building a product that fundamentally changes how the world learns.