- Bring new features from conception to completion, helping people around the world to learn more effectively by contributing code across our entire stack.
- Be mindful of the “big picture” from both a technical perspective and a business one, keeping your pod on track in terms of “building the right thing” and “building the thing right”.
- Exercise a high degree of autonomy and technical authority on a team that trusts you to do what's right for our users but is there to support you when you need it.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence within your pod, setting high standards for candor and mutual accountability, and striking a careful balance between velocity and quality.
- Advocate for initiatives that will improve developer experience for Brilliant's engineers and user experience for Brilliant's users.
- Frequently ask: How does this impact our learners?
Who are you?
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- You got into programming because you’re motivated by solving user problems.
- You're capable of working across the stack, and you're most energized when owning feature implementations end-to-end.
- You enjoy solving technical challenges in a way simple enough for an intern to understand and build upon. You avoid introducing complex, novel, or "clever" solutions. You write code for humans, not for computers.
- You're excited to collaborate closely with talented engineers, product managers, and designers. You enjoy solving problems as a team, pair-programming, and sharing knowledge. You want to be a mentor and to be mentored.
- You have deep experience with a few languages and frameworks, and you know what you do and do not like about them. You believe in using the right tool for the job — even when it’s an unfamiliar one, and especially when it's a boring one. You stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and patterns, recognizing the differences between a game-changer and a passing fad.
- You have a favorite product and can articulate your perspective on what makes using it delightful. You often think about how the products you use could be better.