Data Engineer- Migration & Deployment
- Role - Data Engineer
- Experience - 1-4 years
- Required skills: Python, Data Engineering
- Job Type - Full time
- Location - Fully Remote
- Notice Period: Immediate joiners only
Certa (getcerta.com) is a Silicon Valley based startup that is automating the vendor, supplier and other stakeholder onboarding processes (think background checks, agreements and the works) for companies across industries and geographies. With several Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 clients, you will be working on challenges that redefine the way companies (big and small) do business.
The engineering team is solving deeply technical and challenging engineering problems at scale and we are looking to scale the team to keep up with our rapid growth. We are looking for rockstar engineers who are go-getters and love solving problems and building products.
We are looking for a data engineer with 1-4 years of experience working with data pipelines. You will be responsible for building, automating, and maintaining the data architecture that supports our data-driven applications and initiatives.
- Build, automate, and maintain reliable, and efficient data pipelines and workflows
- Develop and maintain data models, database schemas and data warehouses that support our data-driven applications.
- Build and maintain ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into our data warehouse
- Ensure data quality and integrity by implementing data validation and cleansing routines
- Optimize data storage and retrieval for performance and costDevelop and maintain data documentation and metadata
- Collaborate with data scientists, software engineers, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and ensure that our data architecture meets those needs
- Participate in code reviews, testing, and deployment processes
- Initially, you will be working with the backend engineering team to execute ongoing/planned migrations and eventually move on to building pipelines to automate the data ingestion/migration processes
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the major languages (e.g. Python (preferred), Java, Scala)
- Knowledge of SQL database design and data warehousing concepts/techniques
- Hands-on experience in data analytics, batch/real-time data integration & processing
- Strong proficiency in SQL and experience with at least one of the major database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience in building ETL/ELT pipelines for ingestion and transformation of data.
- Experience/familiarity with ETL tools and frameworks (e.g. Apache Airflow, Apache NiFi, Talend, Informatica)
- Experience with cloud-based data technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and associated services like S3, EC2, Redshift, Dataflow or BigQuery
- Experience with data management tools and technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience in backend development is a plus
- Best-in-class compensation
- Workstation setup allowance
- Fully-remote work
- Flexible schedules
- Paid vacation
- Yearly off-sites
- Engineering-first culture
- Continuous learning
- Massive opportunities for growth
- Rockstar team to work with (we mean it!)
If you love startups or have experience working with startups, we would be a match made in tech heaven.