Software Engineer - Partner Engineering
The engineering team is solving deeply technical and challenging problems at scale, while the product team is building innovative and intuitive products leveraging our core platform, and the customer team is solving complex use cases across a range of industries and verticals with the right mix of engineering and product solutions. What if there was a specialist engineering team that worked at the intersection of these functions to empower them and made the sum greater than the whole? That’s what the partner engineering team does!
The role is diverse, multi-faceted, and cross-functional providing exposure to both software engineering and product management. You will collaborate with product managers, solution architects, project managers, customer teams, and clients to understand complex requirements, research and brainstorm solutions, design systems and integrations, and build them out seeing them through to completion. Needless to say – the work is challenging and rewarding, brings about a ton of learning, and the impact is far-reaching!
We are looking to scale the team to keep up with our rapid growth and are on the lookout for rockstar engineers who are go-getters and love solving problems and building products.
The ideal candidate has
- Experience in Working with enterprise systems and SaaS products.
- Designing and building API integrations, webhooks, and connectors with internal and external systems.
- Implementing integrations with enterprise systems and, leading the implementation by handling all stages of their development – ideation, system design, development, testing, UAT, and delivery.
- Building modular and extensible features based on product requirements and customer use cases.
- Creating APIs to drive new features and enhance existing features for a web-based application or SaaS product.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ideate, build, and deliver features.
- Ability to dissect a system to understand its inner workings, engineering, and product flows.
- Ability and interest to get familiar with new systems, frameworks, architecture patterns, and programming languages as needed.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, break down complexity, and chart out a clear path/solution for complex problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
- Being result-oriented, self-driven, proactive and leading from the front to rally people together.
As part of the role, you will
- Brainstorm with the product, customer, and engineering teams to ship thoughtful solutions and integrate them with existing systems to meet complex and diverse requirements.
- Work with customer-facing teams and customers to understand their use cases, pain points, and nuances, and work with the product and customer teams to build and implement robust solutions.
- Design and build highly reliable, modular, and extensible systems and features for the product.
- Write high-quality, extensible, and maintainable code.
- Document detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Analyze current technologies and systems used within the firm and by customers to determine ways to improve them based on the requirements.
- Work with the business to understand and solve complex problems, by presenting various solution options and technical concepts in a comprehensible manner.
- Act as a bridge between technical and business audiences during solution planning, development, and deployment.
Preferred technical skills
- System design
- API design, development, and optimization
- Testing (unit/integration/E2E) and debugging skills
- Django Rest Framework
Bonus if you have
- Experience in designing and implementing an API integration framework to build integrations quickly and scale integrations seamlessly.
- An understanding of data security and infrastructure.
- Exposure to AWS.
- A keen eye for product development with a core focus on the user journey and doing what’s best for the end user.
- If you love startups or have experience working with startups, look no further!
- Best-in-class compensation
- Performance-based ESOPs
- Workstation setup allowance
- Fully-remote work
- Flexible schedules
- Paid vacation
- Yearly offsites
- Engineering-first culture
- Continuous learning
- Massive opportunities for growth
- Rockstar team to work with (we mean it!)