Product Manager, Consumer
Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
About the Role
At Chapter, we're reimagining retirement for older Americans, and our mission hinges on exceptional product experiences. Crafting products that shape the way seniors navigate their healthcare coverage, manage their finances, and spend their time presents many challenges. Chapter is looking for a passionate and thoughtful product manager to lead the development of a new consumer product line that will deliver additional value to our users beyond helping them with Medicare.
What You'll Do
- Generate insights from data and user research to inform hypotheses, design experiments, and drive learnings
- Work cross-functionally to identify, scope, and launch features that solve user pain points and drive business growth
- Ruthlessly prioritize and help the team maintain a fast product release cadence
- Work with our Head of Product and other product managers to help shape product processes and culture
- 5+ years of product management experience at a tech-driven company, preferably in a direct-to-consumer environment
- Strong user empathy and an eagerness to understand the world from our users’ perspectives
- Demonstrated track record of generating and testing product hypotheses through quick experimentation
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- Quantitative analytics skills that reflect an ability to make data-driven decisions
- Creativity and vision that allow you to take leaps when data is not available
- Excited by the prospect of zero-to-one product development
- Able to quickly learn new topics, including the nuances of Medicare and other domains, to guide your understanding of user segments, pain points, and market trends
- Ability to work in an NYC based office in a hybrid working capacity
Bonus Points, If You Have...
- Previous experience working in fast paced, ambiguous start-up environments.
- Experience going 0 → 1 with a new consumer product.
- A passion for well designed products and experience in tools like Figma
- Experience building analytics leveraging technologies like SQL or Python
Chapter Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO, a winter break shutdown, and paid holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- $500 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique home office
- $100/month health and wellness subsidy
- Partnerships with Talkspace (mental health support), Teledoc (telehealth), and OneMedical (concierge medicine)
- In-office lunch on Tuesdays/Thursdays, and a stocked office pantry
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- A beautiful NYC (SoHo/West Village area) office and a hybrid in-office policy — dogs welcome!
We think the starting salary for this role will be in the $160,000 - $220,000, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If you think you'd be a good fit for the role, you should apply. All of our offers are based on our assessment of each individual's unique skills and experience.
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.