Customer Success Manager
We are on a mission to change the way decision-makers get the support they need to build successful companies.
CModel is a self-service Decision Intelligence Company that provides insights and recommendations to leaders who want to grow their business. CModel’s CORA is an AI-powered Decision Intelligence platform helping business leaders make better decisions, faster. Business leaders can use CORA to get personalized recommendations in real-time based on your historical data, generative AI, and input from human experts to help business leaders answer the key questions, what actions do I take to achieve my business outcomes and why.
CModel is focused on helping CEOs find the truth in their data so they can grow with confidence at speed. CORA aggregates your most critical business data and uses machine learning to analyze metrics, assumptions, and industry benchmarks to deliver curated recommendations with subject matter expertise.
We are hiring our first Customer Success Manager, who will be on the ground building our CS team. This individual will have the opportunity to shape what CS looks like for CModel and its clients, as you build a function from the ground up. Our current customers are early adopters of the product and we are looking for someone to help us design the process to support those early adopters and turn them into long-standing customers, who acknowledge the value CModel plays for them in the growth of their organization. The CS position is pivotal to our success, so we are looking for dedicated, excited, and outstanding candidates to join our small, but dynamic team.
We have recently closed a pre-seed investment round led by a Birmingham Alabama VC. and as such, are excited to grow our head office in Birmingham. The CModel office will be in the Innovation Depot, a vibrant and exciting location for start-ups.
We are looking for a candidate already located in Birmingham Alabama or prepared to relocate to Birmingham (relocation budget available).
- $75 - $90k depending on experience
- Equity Plan available
- Medical Benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
As a CSM at CModel you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our customers are both onboarded and then managed in a professional manner with a customer-centric focus throughout their experience. You will ensure our customers derive maximum value from our products and services. You will be responsible for building strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and goals, and proactively guiding them towards success and therefore long-term retention of using CModel.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with a portfolio of key customers.
- Manage and own the health and success of early-stage customers from go-live through to renewal and expansion.
- Work with the CModel leadership team to design our ongoing onboarding and customer success journey as our product develops and our early adopters become long-term customers.
- Understand and Align with each customer's unique goals and objectives.
- Onboard new customers, ensuring they have a smooth and successful implementation of our products or services.
- Regular check-ins with customers to assess their satisfaction and progress toward their goals.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and upselling within existing accounts.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and our internal teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide training and resources to customers to help them effectively use our products or services.
- Analyze customer data and feedback to gain insights and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare and deliver regular reports on customer success metrics.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to synthesize customer feedback and drive product development that matches the customer needs.
- Understand and anticipate customer needs and objectives, proactively identifying opportunities for upsell or cross-sell.
- Act as a trusted advisor, offering insights and best practices to help customers achieve their business objectives.
- Monitor customer usage and product adoption through data insights to track client health, and forecast and mitigate risk of churn.
- Resolve customer issues, concerns, and escalations promptly and effectively.
- Contribute to the scalability of the CS team through documentation and process optimization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and our product offerings to better serve customers.
- Continuously seek opportunities for process improvement to enhance the customer experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Mapping the end-to-end customer journey and key stages of experience.
- Defining success criteria for customers and the business.
- Being our in-house Industry expert.
- Proven experience in a customer-facing role, such as account management or customer success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Empathy and a customer-centric mindset.
- Organized, with the ability to manage multiple customer accounts simultaneously. You have the ability to prioritize multiple customers' needs, knowing when to react vs respond.
- Previous experience working with smaller startups and early adopter customers (required).
- Previous experience working with free trial products or Product lead growth strategies.
- Exceptional client-facing skills to be able to articulate the value proposition of a technology platform to meet client needs.
- Must be able to multitask multiple accounts effectively with outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- You have a team player mentality and are willing and able to work cross-functionally.
- You might have worked for a fintech product in the past.
- You have a passion for human behavior and change management.
- Experience dealing with senior stakeholders and/or business owners.
- Product-led growth experience and a passion for driving customer loyalty and experience strategies.