Senior Software Engineer (Engineering Lead)
Cobu is on a mission to empower everyone to feel like they belong where they live. We are revolutionizing the way residents live in apartment buildings by empowering them to create a stronger sense of community. Born out of the frustration of seeing loved ones and friends cope with loneliness and isolation, Cobu’s virtual community platform makes it easy for residents to connect with their neighbors and neighborhood, turning apartments into homes. Over the past year, with an initial version of our product, Cobu expanded from just a handful of apartments in Boston to now over 70 cities, 31 states, and growing rapidly with leading residential property owners and managers across the US and Canada who share the same commitment to building stronger communities; and we help their business grow by helping them attract and retain happier residents.
We are a remote first culture and virtual team of high performing professionals with diverse backgrounds located across every time zone in the US and in Europe. We live Cobu’s values everyday by being community first, innovating, creating value, and sparking joy; and together, we are on a mission to change the world.
Cobu is an early stage proptech SaaS startup that has raised seed funding from multiple notable investors and has an arsenal of industry experts on our advisory board.
About the role
What you get to do:
- Develop / evolve a new to market product that is disrupting a big industry while also doing a lot of good for the world in creating human connection
- Be the strategic partner to Cobu’s VP Product, and business leaders, to identify the roadmap and build deliverables and timelines
- Serve as technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of our development team
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack
- Translate business requirements to technical specifics and develop software architecture and design based on those requirements
- Determine root cause for complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Develop solutions to improve performance and scalability of systems
- Lead, grow, and mentor a team of software engineers in delivering must have features to our customers
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Build and utilize metrics to analyze features as they are deployed to ensure they are performing as expected
- Evangelize on behalf of the company and its vision (internally and externally)
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Professional experience owning a process that included shipping a complicated piece of software to real users
- High level of accountability, bias to action, and a desire to empower individuals on the team to perform at their best
- Hands on experience building APIs, web applications, and interactions with clients
- Strong understanding of mobile development UI/UX design principles and best practices
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Experience with React/React Native and strong desire to develop React Native Expertise
- Experience working with a major database (Postgres, MySQL, etc)
- Ops experience, particular with AWS
- Scaling / Architecture experience
- Experience recruiting and managing a team of Engineers and providing mentorship and coaching on career growth (or some similar experience and strong desire to do so)
Cobu offers competitive salary, equity, 401(k), vacation, and health benefits (including medical, dental, and vision).
Employment Type: Full-time