Business Development Representative
Cobu is a fast growing proptech SaaS startup on a mission to empower everyone to feel like they belong where they live. We are revolutionizing the way residents live in apartment buildings by empowering them to create a stronger sense of community. Born out of the frustration of seeing loved ones and friends cope with loneliness and isolation, Cobu’s virtual community platform makes it easy for residents to connect with their neighbors and neighborhood, turning apartments into homes. Over the past year, Cobu has expanded from a handful of apartments in Boston to over 77 cities, 33 states, and growing rapidly with leading residential property owners and managers across the US and Canada who share the same commitment to building stronger communities; and we help their business grow by helping them attract and retain happier residents.
We are a remote first culture and virtual team of high performing professionals with diverse backgrounds located across every time zone in the US and in Europe. We live Cobu’s values everyday by being community first, innovating, creating value, and sparking joy; and together, we are on a mission to change the world.
Cobu is an early stage proptech SaaS startup that has raised seed funding from multiple notable investors and has an arsenal of industry experts on our advisory board.
This is a unique opportunity to join a startup and be part of Cobu’s founding sales team; owning and executing how we intrigue prospects through outreach, generating & qualifying leads, and setting up meetings to drive growth. You will be responsible for driving Cobu's continued fast-paced expansion by creating interest in Cobu and guiding national and regional property owner and manager prospects to evaluate our community engagement platform. You will handle outreach, lead generation, qualification, and book demo meetings for the Directors of Business Development. While it is an entry-level sales position, it is an essential component of the Cobu go-to-market function; you will not just be growing another tech product, you will be making the world a better place everyday as a result of the problem Cobu is solving and the human connections and sense of community we are creating.
The primary mission of the role is to generate qualified leads and book meetings for the Directors of Business Development; you will work with Cobu's Directors of Business Development and senior leaders (CEO, COO) to assist in establishing Cobu’s first sales team, lead generation practices, tools, playbook and have influence on Cobu’s growth.
• Break into a set number of strategic accounts through outreach and build interest from key stakeholders and C-level executives to generate leads
• Prospect for new clients through outreach including phone calls, emails and LinkedIn at high-volume with an eye toward exceeding expectations
• Look for new potential client accounts and make the first contact with those accounts to create interest
• Qualifying leads as much as possible before booking meetings/demos for Cobu Directors of Business Development
• Schedule meetings/demos for Directors of Business Development (typically Zoom product demo meeting) for qualified leads
• Generate and qualify leads in Hubspot, prepare and present updates on KPIs
• Assist in the development of Cobu’s foundational sales team, outreach strategies, and lead generation playbook
• Contribute to Cobu’s collaborative team culture and live Cobu’s values everyday
• BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)
• At least 1-2 years of business development experience, with a history of exceeding targets in new business acquisition through lead outreach, generation, and qualification
• Experience mapping, prospecting and attracting multiple stakeholders from large enterprises through effective outreach
• Desire to move up within a fast growing organization
• Excellent communication and presentation skills over both phone and email; a natural influencer
• Experience capturing detailed information into a sales pipeline management software (Hubspot)
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success
• Team player that collaborates closely with the sales team and cross-functional team
• Strong organization and time management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
• High energy, enthusiastic, and passionate team player attitude with strong follow through
Competitive salary, sales commission plan, equity, vacation, health benefits (medical / dental / vision), and 401k
Employment Type: Full-time
Something looks off?