Principal Software Engineer
Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
What you’ll work on
- Architect, design and implement data pipeline to be processed and visualized across a variety of projects and initiatives
- Develop and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture by designing and implementing data ingestion solutions on AWS using AWS native services.
- Taking ownership of software-related complaints and working toward finding solutions
- Analyzing data to spot potential weaknesses or problems with software
- Working with Product Managers to create plans of action for creating new software
- Overseeing initial software rollouts and updates to ensure smooth implementation
- Assisting with designing, coding and debugging software as needed
- Support team with technical planning, design, and code reviews including peer code reviews
- Provide Architecture and Technical Knowledge training and support for the solution groups
- Develop good working relations with the other solution teams and groups, such as Engineering, Marketing, Product, Test, QA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field
- Wide system understanding and an excellent knowledge in Web, Cloud/SaaS technologies.
- At least 10 years of recent experience in Software Engineering, Data Engineering
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Software development experience, ideally in Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of strategies for processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Familiarity of databases such as MySQL, Cassandra, apache Druid, Redis
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team
- Have a good understanding of AI and ML
- Have an understanding of reactive patterns and toolkits
- Have contributed to open-source software
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Practical Knowledge of Linux