React and React NativeDownload Job Description (PDF)
Location: Birmingham, AL
Salary: $100-115K Annual, depending on skills and experience
Condoit is a fast-growing software company creating modern, mobile tools for the electrical industry. We are in the early stages of a once-in-a-lifetime transition in our energy infrastructure to renewal sources and electric vehicles. To accelerate this transformation, Condoit is helping electrical contractors in the field to conduct site assessments and design project scenarios for EV chargers, solar arrays, and other energy projects.
Over the last two years we have built a mobile React Native app that is used by contractors all over the United States and are growing our development team to continue building our core mobile application, expand with a React web-based platform, and improve and scale our backend infrastructure.
Condoit is hiring multiple developers for this role with complementary expertise. Those with strengths in some but not all of the “Flexible Requirements” below, please apply.
As we grow our team, this role will have the opportunity for fast leadership advancement and a path to equity participation.
We are currently a hybrid work environment with an office in downtown Birmingham, AL. While this position can be primarily work-from-home, we would ideally like for you to be in or near Birmingham and available to meet and work in the office occasionally.
As an expanding startup, we are committed to supporting our team members and their families. Employees enjoy flexibility in work schedules and vacation policy and we cover 100% of individual and family health insurance costs.
- Work closely with product leadership, designers, and other developers to build our mobile, web, and backend functionality.
- Execute on assigned development projects for weekly sprints
- Help manage development priorities and release scheduling
- Help plan architecture and development strategy for new functionality
- Re-architect parts of our current functionality and tech stack as needed to support growth
- Experience with React in web or native app contexts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in a close team environment
- Ability to work through complex issues and determine the best balance of leveraging 3rd party libraries and building functionality in-house
- Strong desire to grow your own skillset and the skills of your team
- Close attention to detail and commitment to clean and well-documented code
We’d like for you to have expertise in at least a few of these areas:
- Specific AWS experience, especially with DynamoDB, Node.js Lamdba functions, Cognito, and the Amplify stack
- Business-to-business SAAS product experience including building client admin (billing, user management, permissions and sharing, etc) and super admin/customer support features
- Significant GraphQL experience on both API and client sides
- Experience building serverless APIs to support web and mobile applications
- Electrical industry experience and/or familiarity with core electrical system concepts
- Experience with advanced React Native needs of maturing applications - performance optimization, animations, background processes, etc.
- Experience with platform native iOS and Android application development (Swift/Objective-C/Java/Kotlin) especially with bridging to React Native
- Experience building user-friendly web and mobile interfaces
- Strong background in implementing front-end design with HTML and CSS
- Experience with building React Native apps using the latest Expo build tools (EAS with custom config plugins)
To submit your resume or get more information about Condoit or the open position, reach out to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Send Condoit Your Resume