Role: Customer Success Manager
Reporting Into: Head of Growth
Salary: $80k – $85k base + 20% commission at on-target earnings ($96k -$102k total at target, uncapped commission)
Marketing is transforming, and content is at the core of the transformation. That’s why Contently is committed to bringing the timeless art of storytelling into the digital age. By integrating cutting-edge software, trained creative talent, and best-in-class strategy services into one holistic solution, Contently helps the world’s best brands tell great stories.
Contently is seeking a highly motivated Customer Success Manager who will own and grow a portfolio of software subscribed customer accounts. As a member of the Customer Success team, you will be responsible for renewing, upselling, and expanding your book of business. You'll do this by developing a deep understanding of your customers' challenges, increasing adoption of Contently's platform and by selling solutions that help customers scale their content marketing programs.
What do we look for in a team member? You show your empathy by helping your client succeed, by delivering candid feedback that helps your peers grow, and by engaging in group brainstorms, share-outs, and reflections. You’re curious; you have a mind for data but are more interested in the story data tells. And finally, you’re accountable—for your clients, for your revenue targets, and for your team’s success.
What You’ll Do
- Consistently grow and preserve revenue across existing clients – at or above revenue quota
- Educate C-level clients on the benefits of Contently’s content marketing platform and services model
- Build account plans and scale winning go-to-market strategies to deepen relationships and uncover new opportunities
- Ensure high client retention rates are achieved
- Customer point of contact for Fortune500 brands
- Ownership of upsell opportunities within existing lines of business
- Obsessively develop and deepen new and existing relationships
- Execution of commercial activities to include legal and contractual
- Manages renewal cycles of customers along with associated renewal forecasting
- Proactively identify and penetrate new lines of business
- Preparation and attendance at key client meetings such as performance reviews, platform training sessions, etc.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in Account Management or Customer Success, ideally within a SaaS company
- You like fostering and developing relationships for growth through consultative, relationship building engagements
- Positive team player with solution-forward, entrepreneurial, “show me the money” mindset
- You’re well versed in value selling and have a proven track record of growing revenue across an existing client portfolio
- You relish the idea of being introduced to new accounts and handle transitions like a pro – the client barely feels a bump in the road when you’re on the case
- Appetite to learn and discuss content trends, the latest technology, and content strategy
- You are a relationship manager with the ability to gain trust through communication, expectation setting, and completion of planned deliverables
- You know just how to push back on clients to ensure they’re getting what they need (not just what they think they want!)
- You’re a secret project manager (always organized!) and can prioritize multiple responsibilities and balance client deliverables and internal obligations
- Always thinking of innovative ways to improve/grow assigned clients (we’re open to being wacky from time to time!)
- You’re comfortable presenting at all levels including C-level and decision makers
- You are passionate about measurement, data and analytics and know how to build a narrative from a client’s perspective using those as your building blocks
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, laser focus, passion, and commitment
- You enjoy learning technology, but can translate that into value for clients/prospects
What We Value
- High-performing leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- People who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan, ContentlyYOU Wellness Stipend, Wellness Fridays and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.