Account Executive, Creators
Who We Are
Curastory was created so that video could be simpler. We were frustrated with platforms controlling our videos, so we decided to do something about it — starting with a service that allows creators to edit, monetize, and distribute their videos to all of their platform channels, 100% free. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of the video creation, monetization, and distribution process, bettering the lives of all video creators + the experience for their viewership audiences. We’re backed by the early investors of Snapchat, Cameo, and Giphy that believe in our vision for the future of video, and we are aiming to build a company that powers every video for audiences everywhere.
Join the Curastory team as we continue to evolve our product to meet the needs of our creators, brand partners, end-user audiences, and provide a much-needed change to the way video is created, monetized, and consumed forever.
Where You’ll Come In
At Curastory, we have a very strong culture of marketing to, selling to, acquiring, and retaining the right video creators and brand partners that love our product. The Sales + Marketing team specifically works on constantly engaging our current users, as well as marketing-qualified and sales-qualified leads within our audience through content marketing + paid channels.
As Account Executive for Creators, you will be responsible for researching, reaching out to, passing on and selling into marketing, qualified creator leads. This is an exciting opportunity to join and help lead an exciting, growing creator economy marketplace on the creator supply side in an expanding industry. You will leverage your strong sales skills to accelerate video supply across our creator verticals and creator agency partnerships. You will be individually contributing to driving revenue through increasing video slots available for advertising campaigns from creator video uploads, including impactful creator partnerships.
This is a highly visible role, working closely with stakeholders across the company, including our Chief Executive Staff, User Experience, and Customer Success teams. You will be reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer and will have a strong influence on the strategies developed + implemented for the creator sales initiatives of Curastory.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Prospect for new opportunities and partnerships with creators and influencer agencies, and qualify leads in the initial stages in the sales funnel.
- Create and implement sequential, omnichannel sales outreach, including email, social media, and phone calls.
- Create written sales copy and video content to implement sales outreach in a standardized, yet personalized fashion.
- Document all sales activities and create tasks and action plans to follow up with prospects when appropriate.
- Work with the CEO to create streamlined sales processes.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to align messaging, enhance conversions, and make suggestions for improving conversions and facilitating partnerships.
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have 1-2 years’ experience in sales, with a strong track record of success in gaining interest from prospective customers at the earliest stages in the sales process.
- You are comfortable using creator sales tools including, but not limited to, HubSpot, Apollo, Phyllo and social media creator research.
- You have an amazing work ethic, high level of confidence in yourself, and a resilience that enables you to handle objections seamlessly, and stay the course in the face of dealing with frequent rejection.
- You’re self-motivated and committed to achieving your own career goals, but you also bring a collaborative spirit to a team.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an engaging conversational style.
- You are a fast learner, and can put new information, insights and concepts to work quickly and effectively.
- You have an understanding of the creator economy, revenue streams for creators such as brand advertising and fan payments, and are passionate about the space.
- You are a culture fit. And we’re not just saying that. We put data where our mouth is. You are open to company culture assessments to help learn more about yourself + teammates.
- Full time W2 employment $72,000 base with $200,000 OTE from a Simplified Incentive Plan Schedule tied to (a) Qualified Appointments Set and (b) Creator Partnership Contracts
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive equity package
- Exposure to high-growth, VC-backed tech startup
Curastory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.