Senior Android Engineer
Dash is on a mission to build the best-in-class unified alternative payment network for over 1 billion Africans. The financial services application allows its users to send seamlessly, and pay for goods regardless of currency and provider.
Dash is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to be based in our Kenyan Office
What you’ll do
- Design, develop build and test applications for Android
- Work closely with product managers, designers, backend engineers and quality assurance team on feature definition and release milestone
- Fix bugs, optimize code and improve application performance
- Develop in-house SDKs, plugins and libraries for re-use
- Perform peer code reviews and unit testing to ensure high-quality software.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Build user-friendly, responsive, and fast user interfaces
What you'll need
- Proven software development experience and Android development skills
- Solid understanding of the Android SDK with both Kotlin and Java
- Experience with distributing Android apps and libraries. Must have published at least one original Android app on the Play Store.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience architecting high-quality Android apps that interact with JSON RESTful APIs and enjoy keeping up with the latest frameworks and development practices.
- Experience working with mobile architecture (MVVM/MVP)
- Knowledge of Dependency injection (Hilt) is a plus
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and a solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in working in a CI/CD development environment.
- Must have excellent programming skills and experience with version control software such as Git
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces.
What you'll get
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical Cover
- Pension Benefit
We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds who desire to support our vision; now is a great time to join Dash!