Senior IOS Engineer
Dash is on a mission to build the best-in-class unified alternative payment network for over 1 billion Africans. The financial services application allows its users to send seamlessly, and pay for goods regardless of currency and provider.
Dash is looking for a Senior IOS Engineer to be based in the Kenyan Office
What you’ll do
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
- Ensure high performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Design and execute user-facing features for applications on iOS devices by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience and graphics across multiple screen sizes.
- Leverage cutting edge technologies and libraries suggested by Apple for building responsive native apps for iOS.
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Manage and resolve bugs issues faced by users
- make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant working experience in IOS development
- Proficient in Swift (UIKit & SwiftUI), with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Objective-C and/or C++.
- Experience with Cocoa APIs and familiar with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Expansive technical knowledge and experience with iOS application development.
- Deep foundation in computer science with a strong understanding in data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience developing multi-tier scalable and user-centric reliable applications that operate 24x7.
- Knowledge of UI and animation frameworks, touch user interface, and MVP application design.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, data stores and distributed transaction management.
- Experience building services for information delivery from server to mobile clients working with relevant tools (IDEs, ant, junit, etc.).
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns.
- Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics and proficient in continuous integration
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
What you'll get
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical cover
- Pension benefit
We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds who desire to support our vision; now is a great time to join Dash!