Content Developer Data Literacy & Essentials
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the Data and AI Literacy and Essentials Team
The DLE team creates content covering data literacy and artificial intelligence literacy for DataCamp’s extensive user base. This space is emerging and quickly growing and we intend on being trailblazers, creating high quality content that covers the necessary breadth that enables all learners to improve their data skills. Data literacy is the ability to read, work with, analyze and communicate with data. Not everyone in the world can be a data analyst or data scientist, but everyone can be data literate. Regardless of someone’s background or role, they can make an impact in their organization through data. It is our mission to close the data fluency gap with and teach our learners the necessary data skills to be successful.
About the Role
As a Data and AI Literacy and Essentials Content Developer, it’s your responsibility to work closely with our subject matter experts to build the best courses the world has ever seen! You will manage the course development process following the team’s initial planning phase, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and (most importantly) an advocate for our students.
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch
- Work closely with subject matter experts to make courses interactive and engaging
- Provide critical feedback on learning content submitted by subject matter experts and colleagues
- Keep subject matter experts on schedule to ensure timely delivery of course content
- Create interactive exercises and record screencasts for Data Literacy and Essentials courses
- Monitor key metrics of courses after launch and perform maintenance accordingly
- Make data-driven suggestions for course improvements based on student feedback and engagement data
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to solve technical issues and the Product team to improve the learning experiences of courses
The ideal candidate
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of analysts!
- 2+ years of experience in a data role as an analyst or in a similar capacity
- Familiarity with SQL (it’s a plus if you have experience with Python or R)
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Passion for online education, including experience completing courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A collaborative mindset - you know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out a compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the team and the company
- Motivated to continuously improve their own data skills
- Comfort giving and receiving constructive feedback
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.