Curriculum Manager - Artificial Intelligence
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the role
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing have continued to increase in importance as tools like ChatGPT have become widely used. As an Artificial Intelligence Curriculum Manager, you will directly contribute to DataCamp’s mission to democratize data education. A typical day will involve designing content for key vertical customers and learners, gathering critical input from stakeholders, and creating your own content. You will drive our content strategy forward by partnering closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the next phase of our artificial intelligence curriculum. You will develop content solutions and build significant relationships with key experts in the field to execute on the huge market potential. With a strong technical competency in Python and Artificial Intelligence, and the ability to lead and influence across functional groups, you will make data-driven decisions and lead complex projects to successful completion.
To be effective in this role, you must have strong technical skills and a sincere interest in education technology. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data professionals and building the world’s best network of data skills instructors.
In this role, you will focus your time on the following areas:
Curriculum Design & Content Creation
- Use inputs that include data and market research to drive curriculum decisions.
- Create content to expand the artificial intelligence curriculum.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enable content creation for more advanced technical topics.
- Collect and implement feedback from internal and external sources.
- Assess subject matter experts who apply to become DataCamp instructors.
- Create detailed specifications for new content, including courses and projects.
- Effectively set and hold instructors accountable for deliverable deadlines.
The ideal candidate
- Strong technical background in Python
- Experience in topics like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Knowledgeable about ongoing AI advancements (e.g. Hugging Face, LLaMA)
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others, including non-technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company
- Preferred: Experience presenting AI advancements through blog posts, conferences, or other speaking opportunities
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.